real time web analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Seminary, Lancashire - March 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Seminary, Lancashire - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Visited with Lavino and Tom, cheers lads for showing me around and putting up with my excessive photo taking. :thumb

The visit
This was a first for me, I've seen a few reports on the place but never managed to visit. We made it into the building and within a few minutes we'd set the motion sensors off, but there was no Secca on site at the time so we continued through the building. After about 45 minutes we heard the motion sensor trip again, Tom walked over to the window and that there was a silver pickup truck and a police car outside the main entrance. So we ended up running to find somewhere to hide. It was a great explore, sadly cut short by the police presence. But it is definitely worth a revisit.

History of the site.
St Joseph’s Seminary at Upholland opened in 1883, the first phase was built to a design by James O’Bryne. Set amongst a backdrop of copse and wildwood amidst gently sloping fields, the buildings are flanked with rough-hewn stone. An upper and lower lake are separated by a gentle and soothing waterfall. 1 The 150 acres of land the seminary is built upon had been purchased at auction in 1877. The grandeur of the chapels, meeting rooms, fixtures and fittings was unbelievable. The seminary was closed during WW1 and reopened in 1919 along with a junior seminary. The second phase of construction commenced in 1923. The design was in a different style to the original buildings, however it was equally as grand. Landscaped gardens and sports facilities were also completed by 1927. A new chapel was added in 1930 along with 14 sub chapels. The final addition to the site was a science block.

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

Cheers for looking.​

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Those alarms in this place are a bastard. Was still a good morning out tho the police just added to the excitment just ment we arrived at our other explores earlyier