real time web analytics
Report - - St Marys Hospital, Stannington - 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Marys Hospital, Stannington - 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Wasnt peaceful when i went. Police dog handlers are noisy bastards! Always had it down as a fairly well secured one, then again i guess they all have their open season. Think it would have been 2008 when we got busted, it had decent security then, i did go back again in 2009 but was maybe a little too on edge to make the most of it! Best slab ive ever seen, it got saved i think.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Thanks mate, hope you’re well.

You’re not wrong. I remember going up it on my first visit here. Still a shame it had to go though.

I remember Winch went through the roof. Lucky it was only one foot. When I was working with the heritage team at Cefn Coed they told me of a maintenance chap who fell through the top tank there and had broken is leg - it was only when they noticed he’d not signed back out that they went to find him and rescue him. They were all rotten by the end - remember cane hill didn’t inspire me with confidence

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Wasnt peaceful when i went. Police dog handlers are noisy bastards! Always had it down as a fairly well secured one, then again i guess they all have their open season. Think it would have been 2008 when we got busted, it had decent security then, i did go back again in 2009 but was maybe a little too on edge to make the most of it! Best slab ive ever seen, it got saved i think.

Yes I’m fairly sure I heard a story from dweeb about being held face down to floor at this place.

The slab was a one off for sure.

I remember Winch went through the roof. Lucky it was only one foot....

They were all rotten by the end - remember cane hill didn’t inspire me with confidence

Sounds like The Winch escaped a bad fall then! I wouldn’t have enjoyed smashing onto that rusty water tank on the way down either.

That’s a mad story. Imagine laying there all day waiting for them to realize you’d not clocked out.

The towers do seem to suffer a worse fate in the end. Aside from High Royds I think every single one I’ve been in made me ask myself “the question” ha.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yes I’m fairly sure I heard a story from dweeb about being held face down to floor at this place.

The slab was a one off for sure.

Sounds like The Winch escaped a bad fall then! I wouldn’t have enjoyed smashing onto that rusty water tank on the way down either.

That’s a mad story. Imagine laying there all day waiting for them to realize you’d not clocked out.

The towers do seem to suffer a worse fate in the end. Aside from High Royds I think every single one I’ve been in made me ask myself “the question” ha.

My memory is fairly hazy given it was nearly 11 years ago now but the tower at West Park wasn't too bad from what I recall, concrete staircase most of the way up I seem to remember.

The wooden stairs and platforms up the tower at Whitchurch were already getting really dicey only a couple of years after closure by comparison, I'll never forget going there in the pouring rain and climbing to the top, there was almost as much water running down the inside of the tower as there was pounding down outside.

The less said about the Hellingly tower the better :oops:

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
My memory is fairly hazy given it was nearly 11 years ago now but the tower at West Park wasn't too bad from what I recall, concrete staircase most of the way up I seem to remember.

The wooden stairs and platforms up the tower at Whitchurch were already getting really dicey only a couple of years after closure by comparison, I'll never forget going there in the pouring rain and climbing to the top, there was almost as much water running down the inside of the tower as there was pounding down outside.

The less said about the Hellingly tower the better :oops:

You can’t not give it a go though ha.

The most unusual water tower climb has to be bass maltings in Sleaford. Although not an asylum, popping through that tube and out of the tank style hatch at the top was great ha.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes to this mate, I remember when I went with oldskool lucky we managed most of it before security called the police on the amount of people on site. Good times

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
St Johns water tower at Lincoln had the largest group of pidgeons i've ever seen,
they all came at me & I almost fell off the ladder.

nice thread :thumb

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Yes to this mate, I remember when I went with oldskool lucky we managed most of it before security called the police on the amount of people on site. Good times

All of my visits were quiet. No other explorers at all and we managed to avoid the security’s no bother. It’s weird how everyone’s experience can be so different. I certainly didn’t experience an “open season” though.

Oldskool! Ha we had some fun times back in the day. I wonder what he’s upto.

nice thread :thumb

Thanks man

Who has read this thread (Total: 223) View details