real time web analytics
Report - - St Peters Mortuary, Chertsey - Oct 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peters Mortuary, Chertsey - Oct 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jaime Coles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
About

The mortuary, built in the 1940’s , is a small, rectangular building on the outskirts of the main Hospital site and closed in April 2009 when the mortuary relocated to the main hospital building. Inside, there’s a small chapel and viewing room with the rest of the building comprising of body fridges and the main autopsy room, originally with three ‘workstations’ but one has gone walkabouts! An interesting coffee table no doubt!

After reading so much about this place we finally decided to make the drive down.​

The Explore
As we walked up to the short path we saw the small slight of morgue that was left from the over growing weeds. Every single window we look at either side of the building was completely locked up. We found at the back there was a way. First thing we notice is the smell. Rotten.

There's not much in there any more both beds have been taken and its very flooded. There how ever still reminisces of most things in there. Its a same when a place like this deteriorates like this..
hqdefault.jpg

IMG_0631(3).jpg
IMG_0632(7).jpg
IMG_0633(15).jpg
IMG_0635(6).jpg
IMG_0638(13).jpg
IMG_0639(3).jpg
IMG_0640(12).JPG

ASA Andrew

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm thinking of going for a look round this weekend coming.. is it easy to get inside ?

Last edited by a moderator:

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Joking apart, it's a real shame how downhill this place went over the years. It was very small and perfectly formed back in its day. It would have been nice to see it gradually decay with nature. There seem to be a time about two years ago where idiots really wrecked the place. There's not much there now that would really show what the place was all about.

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Genuinely staggered that this place is still standing!
The little light on the outside is now functioning again so not all doom and gloom :rolleyes: Hopefully not powered from the building itself...

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
judging by recent pics etc, the way in is over the top from the roof. However, this place is way past interesting now...

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I'm surprised the leet top official UK umbex crews haven't swarmed all over the place being a mortuary and 'eerie'

pete houdoire

28DL Member
28DL Member
I Worked At St.pete,s Mortuary From june 1976 to feb 2002 as senior post-mortem technician. It,s a bit sad to see the old gaff in the state its in now, We used to keep it in tip-top clean state and what a fucking shithole it looks now. Still, Good memories of working there with some of the funniest & clever Doc,s, Tech,s, Attendants Etc. They should pull the Bastard down as we used to do p.m.s on HIV, TB, & Allsorts of Nasties in there. So, If you do go poking about, Don,t say you were not warned. Anyway Playmates- Have Fun.

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
I Worked At St.pete,s Mortuary From june 1976 to feb 2002 as senior post-mortem technician. It,s a bit sad to see the old gaff in the state its in now, We used to keep it in tip-top clean state and what a fucking shithole it looks now. Still, Good memories of working there with some of the funniest & clever Doc,s, Tech,s, Attendants Etc. They should pull the Bastard down as we used to do p.m.s on HIV, TB, & Allsorts of Nasties in there. So, If you do go poking about, Don,t say you were not warned. Anyway Playmates- Have Fun.

It has been pulled down now for cala homes

doody202

28DL Member
28DL Member
Well said Pete! I worked in a public mortuary in the 80s and the threat to health lasts years after they have closed down! Prions!

Who has read this thread (Total: 190) View details