real time web analytics
Report - - St Thomas Hospital - London -May -2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Thomas Hospital - London -May -2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ok another day another explore...well two in one day lol well impressed especially after working from 530am

The Explore

Only thing i regret is not doing this earlier before builders moved it, its getting stripped at an alarming rate all test tubes animal testing etc have either been removed or i didnt come across them. Spent maybe an hour or so in there before hearing a voice and this was right at the point when i was going to climb the tower!!! thought fuck it lets get outa here out the same way ? no way he was coming that way, finally found a window to climb out and low and behold hes there...at first i thought it was an explorer hooded black guy, but i must give it to him he was the nicest secca ive come accross he just explained that we shouldnt be in there and kindly waked us out...even shook our hands LOL i take it they get alot of explorers etc now.

A bit of history and description some of it shamefully stolen from oakleyframer (sorry about that mate)

Block 9 of St Thomas's Hospital Medical School (formerly listed as Medical School of St Thomas' Hospital)

Circa 1870 by Henry Currey. Italianate two-storey building with later raised
attic. Main west front shows projecting 6-bay north wing;six bay main block of
wider proportions with tower at south end. Red brick with Portland stone quoins,
band,window dressings and balustraded parapet. Round headed windows in moulded
architraves on first floor of left wing. Main block has paired round headed windows
within larger round arch with light in spandrel. Tower of one tall stage with
deep windows in sunk panel. Stone architrave with keystones rising to cornice
whose long brackets support projecting cast iron balcony. Stone stage above has
hipped lead roof with balustraded turret.

The building was part of St Thomas Hospital which was established in 1173. According to historical records the Medical School was doundedd in about 1550. In 1982 it merged with the medical school at Guys Hospital to for the Unite Medical and Dental Schools of Guys and St Thomas Hospitals.

DSC08060_zps3jnotr1c.gif

View attachment 636757

View attachment 636758

View attachment 636759

View attachment 636760

View attachment 636761

View attachment 636762

View attachment 636763

View attachment 636764

View attachment 636765

View attachment 636766

View attachment 636767

View attachment 636768

View attachment 636769

View attachment 636770

View attachment 636771

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see a lot of it still there. Still don't know what they're doing with the place!

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
:thumbNice work dude, don't worry I stole the history of slayaa! I really enjoyed this place shame you couldn't get up the tower man :(