real time web analytics
Report - - St. Thomas medical school, Block 9, Westminster, London - Feburary 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Thomas medical school, Block 9, Westminster, London - Feburary 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Knew this would be good, anything with a epic tower is going to be good. Is that a dissection theater? Looks by far the best thing in there!

Talking of the tower, no good?

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Had a look down here today, with my other half (her first time out). I'll never take her anywhere again!
We walked around the area (its all pretty public) and then she made eye contact with the security guard. He came out smiling and called us over. Couldn't believe it, but he remembered us from when we were students there decades ago. And I end up standing there having my photo taken with him by the mrs cos she was so thrilled!!! She really hasn't got the idea has she.
He is a really nice guy. Been there for 20+ years. Used to always help us out. Counseled students, I remember him sitting and making tea with sobbing students-silly girls missing their parents etc. And he used to collect faxes from students traveling the world, on their elective part of the course, for the loved ones left behind eg me.
I probed him a bit more. 7 years empty. Asbestos nearly finished stripping (there is new hoarding outside the front in the last couple of months). He showed me his cameras. There are 2 remaining inside. All I could say was that there were 2 facing a blue door that looked like it was out into the light. Very blurry but definitely right under the noses of where they sit. All the other cameras had been smashed he said, by intruders that had got in recent years. He showed me the little black icons for broken on the screen. These security guys in the hut deal with security for the whole hospital or at least the back end of it, so they are spread a bit thin.
Speed...no, there was no human dissection here. We did all that at the Guys site. This was primarily for physiology - experiments on each other or on rats etc.
I'm not sure if I'll go back for a proper look (without #2), cos it all feels a bit weird, and god knows what the security guy would make of it if I got caught with red hand.

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
You can see it in Raws report.. Like a theatre for watching the dissection in a lesson

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Was just a place for doing practical demonstrations. I think I remember doing a session there on alcohol effects, some lucky student had the opportunity to get completely wasted to the point of passing out in front of the lecturer/students and various biometrics and tests were done to look at what happened (all quite interesting stuff when you look beyond the obvious.)
The dissection was done in this huge gallery in Guys. Probably 30 odd dissections going on at a time in small tables worked on by 4-5 students. I always remember one of the weirdest sights was when we got to cutting the legs off at waist level and then cutting them in 2. we had to carry the legs over to the big sinks to wash out the rectums. the girls were working in 3/4s to carry them.
Such a major privilege to do that, yet all I did was spend the time running around (trying) chatting up the women-such a waster.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Couple more from the subject in pic No. 2

16521570091_117fcd9ea6_b.jpg

16336996679_920bcb117a_b.jpg

16523297535_db3babf439_b.jpg

16522237982_2b5f83cd59_b.jpg

16522233332_7ce53ec591_b.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Dissection/Practical Demonstration = the same thing to the average man i think. The false wall they have put in spoils it a bit but still first one we have ever found so well done. One of those places you cant really understand why no-ones done it before, typical London!

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice shots mate, loving those :thumb

Was a good day, think a revisit is definitely in order at some point.