real time web analytics
Report - - Stone House Asylum, Dartford 10/04/09 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stone House Asylum, Dartford 10/04/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Speed's right. Wait for 'luck' to put the right cards in your hand and you'll be hanging about for years!! It's all about persistance!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Talking about which, has anyone seen the most recent aerial images of this place, seems to be a lot more activity / cars / etc, in all the wrong places.

badwabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic place in my neighbourhood, but it looks a little hardcore to gain access for me so for now I think I'll just make do with the piccies. :thumb

I was amazed to find out it is adjacent to the old (and shortlived) FantaSeas water park site, which I used to visit and had some great times at - before it was closed because the whole complex started sinking and sliding down the hill(!). There isn't much left of that, either...

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Talking about which, has anyone seen the most recent aerial images of this place, seems to be a lot more activity / cars / etc, in all the wrong places.

aye you right, they appear to have ploughed up the sports field next door too.

ghost-trains

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Top report, it's a lovely place. I went with a few mates, also Chickenshed1 and 227AngryDonkeys. I confirm that they have a wanted poster of Rooks! :D

How the hell did you get in???? Security were mental when we went - were there for all of 15 minutes before they found us. They are quite hot - they use GPS tags to ensure that every part of the site is checked inside of a certain time period. You were really lucky, I reakon. :cool:

The plan (so far as the 2 security blokes tell us - both nice blokes if you get caught - quite a laugh) is that the place will be converted into pretty high-end apartments and housing. Shouldn't be anywhere as difficult as what has happened at Hellingly because it is in far better condition. The site is owned by a heritage housing group so tallies up with what the guards told us.

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Yeah security is pretty crazy here but to be honest, we went here three times before we were successful. Security never saw us but it was just super tight so we didn't want to get seen and push our luck. It wasn't down to luck that we got in at all, it was sheer doggedness on all our parts that we kept going back until we eventually found a way in.

That's still weird about the wanted poster though, have they got one for Speed and Rigsby too?

ghost-trains

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's still weird about the wanted poster though, have they got one for Speed and Rigsby too?

Not that I saw, mate. It was just your photo with name underneath, on the wall above the fridge and kettle in their security hut - I only saw it when the security blokes were making us a cup of tea :rolleyes:

You do have a formidable reputation...! :thumb

ghost-trains

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's my kind of security:thumb

Yeah, they were quite cool actually. We totally put our hands up and came quietly - fair cop and all that. We did sort of big them up as well by seeing their side of things and saying they'd done a great job because the place was bloody impenetrable and in excellent condition (hence the storming photos from Rooks!)

TBH I felt quite sorry for them! They were just 2 guys that if I met down the pub, would get on pretty well with, both bored out of their minds, paid fuck all for 12 hour days sat on their arses or walking round a huge empty building and in truth I think they were glad to have someone else to talk to besides eachother! Is this :gay ?

We also found out a lot of stuff from them and got a guided tour on the way back to the cabin for "processing".

The only down side of it was that they were going to get the police involved but I think this was a bit of BS on teir part as the police weren't really interested. They kept us hanging around for 2 hours under the pretence of waiting for the old bill to attend and there's no way we could have got out without their help as where the hut is situated, the palisade fence is about 8ft high, so we didn't really have a lot of choice other than just go along with it... :(

They also wanted to make sure that we had no photos of the place, despite our bribes and remonstrations! Thankfully I have 2 mobile phones - one for photos, one for comms, so just showed them the comms one with no photos on it and put the memory card of the other one in my boot while they were making us a cuppa, so did get a few pics (www.ghost-of.org --> places --> stonehouse)

Make of this what you will though: I'm pretty sure they weren't within their rights to detain us, but we did get some good info and a few beneficial bits out of it.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
nice work, your certainly getting about at the mo, so much spare time ;)

Wish I had some time off work to do some roadtrips