real time web analytics
Report - - Strata, London 2010 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Strata, London 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Visited a while ago with Mito... What can I say about this place... For me one of the best explores. Not really for the views (although they are good as well) but because of the memories of the first visit and the effort it took to visit it for the second time.
I remember seeing Strata for the first time. I think I had been out of London for a while or just didn't visit Elephant and Castle for a long time so I didn't see it grow gradually. Instead one day I was on a 133 bus, I looked out of the window and it was there, already at full height, with a solitary crane that I thought was incredibly high.
I didn't know about 28DL at the time although I had done a few nice explores already... As it happened I was surfing the internet and stumbled upon this forum and as it happens I found a post from certain Mito who was asking if somebody would like to do a tall crane with him. A few days later we were on the crows nest. Unfortunately I knew nothing about photography then so picture-wise our trip resulted in gems like this:

mailgooglecom12-1.jpg

The place is almost finished now so I knew these were the last moments to visit it again with a normal camera. It took a while to get it done, the place is tough. Many cameras and security who apparently don't mind staring at the monitors for hours on end. I can't think of a better secured high place in London now.

But anyways:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sarf London

robocza3sharp-1.jpg

Where eagles dare

6.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details