real time web analytics
Report - - Stratheden Hospital, June 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stratheden Hospital, June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History
Stratheden Hospital is a community hospital near Cupar primarily catering for patients with mental health issues. It was originally called Fife and Kinross District Asylum. Its name was changed to Stratheden Hospital in 1948. It was a centre of excellence in Child and Family Psychiatry from the 1960s. The hospital opened as the Fife and Kinross District Asylum on 1 July 1866 and the hospital was extended at a cost of £20,000 in 1896. The NHS act 1947 meant the hospital had to change its name to Stratheden Hospital in 1948.

video link is on here from NHS Fife in July 2019

Explore
Was a nice mooch, still in similar condition to reports over a year ago! Haven't posted in ages and this one hasn't had a recent update so thought this would be one to start off.

hope you enjoy pics!

screen-shot-2016-03-10-at-08-33-07.png

An old image taken from google

IMG_3872-HDR.jpg

IMG_3868-HDR.jpg

IMG_3922-HDR.jpg

IMG_3861-HDR.jpg

Was nice to see the classic floor buffers room was still there!!

IMG_3880-HDR.jpg

IMG_3903-HDR.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

A nice decayed entrance to a somewhat surprisingly less decayed ward

IMG_3919-HDR.jpg

This next room had to be my favourite, such a lovely show of decay

IMG_3928-HDR.jpg

Also, I enjoyed the fact there were still bits of equipment hanging around.

IMG_3927.jpg

and ...

IMG_3941.jpg

Next, I found a hole in a part of a plasterboard wall which lead to this ...

IMG_3933-HDR.jpg

Little did I know it was going to open up to such a beautiful corridor!

IMG_3940.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

Finally, I'll end this report with a photo of some meds holders that were in the pharmacy.

IMG_3943.jpg

Mianserin - an atypical antidepressant (tetracyclic)
Ferrous sulphate - a medicine used to treat iron deficient anaemia - which in turn can be a cause for anxiety and depression
Methotrimeprazine - an antipsychotic

Thanks for looking, UD.​

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great photos, love the curved corridors but they're always been well secured on my visits. Probably best in NP after the swarm-fuck at Bangour

Thanks! And yeh I thought about that too. These kinda places are too nice to be ruined, especially on a partially live site!

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nicely done. You got some lovely shots! Defo need a revisit here soon, dunno why I haven’t been back yet!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Gotta agree, that curved corridor does stand out. great photos. Agree it should be NP too. Always wonder who lined the scrubbers up lol. Nice to see you back UD .:D