real time web analytics
Report - - Sunrise medical, Stourbridge, December 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sunrise medical, Stourbridge, December 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
I must of been still half asleep when I got up this morning. Call myself an 'urban explorer". Fancy leaving the house without a torch. I'm normally all CREE'd up. Had to navigate those dark spaces using the pilot button on my external flash. Luckily there was just enough light for most parts.

Sunrise Medical is one of the world's largest manufacturers of homecare and extended care products. Founded in 1983, the Sunrise family of products has been built from many of the most popular brands in the home care industry including Quickie, Sopur, Zippie, Breezy, Jay, Lomax, Sterling and Coopers.

Sunrise operates manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom, Mexico, United States, Germany, and Spain. Our products are distributed to suppliers through dedicated sales organisations and distributors in over 90 countries worldwide.

A West Midlands-based medical equipment manufacturer is racing to save the jobs of its 150 staff after a deal to extend the lease on its factory fell through.

Sunrise Medical Ltd - which manufactures wheelchairs and mobility aids - had been negotiating an extension for its occupation of its premises on High Street, Wollaston, Stourbridge.

The owners of the site, Halesowen-based developers Revelan Group Ltd, had initially been open to renegotiating the contract, but they then informed the medical firm that they were looking at future developments for the site and would not offer Sunrise a new lease.

Now bosses at Sunrise have said they will have to find a new location very soon or else face leaving the region when the lease expires in October 2012. The company's director of UK operations, Kevin Maclean, said they were making sure that staff were kept completely up to date with any developments.

He said plans for development of the site had been linked in with the recently vacated adjacent site, that of metal supply firm Caparo Aluminium Technology, which will close its works there by March with the loss of 40 jobs.

"The landlord is looking to develop this site further to the situation with Caparo," he said. "We have asked if we could extend our lease here but have been told this is not possible."

untitled-1-33.jpg

untitled-1-31.jpg

untitled-1-32.jpg

untitled-1-28.jpg
untitled-1-34.jpg

untitled-1-25.jpg

untitled-1-10.jpg

untitled-1-24.jpg
untitled-1-27.jpg

untitled-1-22.jpg

untitled-1-12.jpg

untitled-1-11.jpg

untitled-1-13.jpg

untitled-1-14.jpg

An Obstuctive Sleep Apnea machine.

untitled-1-17.jpg

untitled-1-18.jpg

untitled-1-30.jpg

untitled-1-29.jpg

untitled-1-16.jpg

untitled-1-19.jpg

untitled-1-20.jpg

untitled-1-21.jpg

untitled-1-15.jpg

untitled-1-8.jpg

untitled-1-6.jpg

Transformer still energised.
untitled-1-7.jpg

untitled-1-4.jpg

untitled-1-3.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

untitled-1-2.jpg

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
I wonder if this is still abandoned in 2021 possibly not the buildings in good nick who knows

Long gone. Houses now. They moved to Throrns Rd Brierley Hill, right opposite Fitness 4 Less no less(LOL). I believe a member on here did a great report on that too before it got fubar'D

mjcrewy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There have been some small fires, but it's now being knocked down to make way for houses..shame