real time web analytics
Question - - Surrey air raid shelters | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Surrey air raid shelters

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

StopAndSearch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good morning girls and guys.

My boy has a topic on WW2 bunkers for school and I was wondering if you know of any air raid shelters locally that we could go and explore for research?

We are planning on popping over to Ashley road, Cane hill/Coulsdon shelter is currently well concreted over and will take the local 'yoofs' a while to gain access again ;) Is the Carlshalton one accessible?

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Go to the search box - advanced search. Put Surrey in the search box - select titles only - select underground sites and there should be quite a few. As to whether they're open, these things change on a regular basis. The only way to know for sure is legwork. Happy hunting.

StopAndSearch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive been here for 10 years mate, no need to teach me how to suck eggs. thanks for your help all the same though

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
Ive been here for 10 years mate, no need to teach me how to suck eggs. thanks for your help all the same though

I think maybe you took yorricks post the wrong way? It was actually a really polite and helpful reply to be fair and I believe all three have been reported in the past year so you can find the most up to date info in those reports. If you've been here for 10 years then you already know how it all works and I guess wouldn't have made this post in the first place? Not that I'm trying to have a dig.

StopAndSearch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was asking if people knew if access to places were available. I know the locations, and entrances but had limited time as he is only with me every other weekend and got dropped with a project that needs to be handed in on Monday. I didn’t have time to do my usual leg work and pre explore.

For reference my reports that have gone awol included cane hill, west park, hellingly, severalls, stone house, st ebbas. Plus other sites such as merstham mine/quarry, la Porte fullers earthworks, shoreham cement works, etc etc. I could go on. I must have got lost in one of the various site transfers/upgrades and got annoyed at loosing all my hard work so now keep my explores to myself.

I appreciate there are a lot of lazy people out there that expect everything handed to them on a plate but one thing I have learnt about forums over the last 25 years is to never assume anything about other posters and treat everyone with the respect as you would both a newbie as well as a hardened veteran

Rant over

StopAndSearch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think what you want and be rude all you fancy. If you actually read the post I was asking for a simple yes or no. I don’t need access locations or site locations, I know where they are. I was under time constraints and was hoping for some helpful nods. You clearly all have issues, if this site has digressed to one that is full of new users digging for info then perhaps you should tighten the reigns again. I’ve been part of this forum for over 10 years, back in the days of rookinella and oxygenthief. I have probably explored more places than you’ve had hot dinners and have been to most of the places that no longer exist.

Take your attitude elsewhere and learn to have a little respect for others. Sometimes other people know more that you and don’t spend their lives being keyboard warriors, rather than actually putting boots on ground and investigating locations or leads

Perhaps it’s time for me to leave this place and move on to more grown up sites

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
If you actually read the post I was asking for a simple yes or no.

That might be what you meant but (sorry to say again) it isn't what said -

I was wondering if you know of any air raid shelters locally that we could go and explore

I’ve been part of this forum for over 10 years

You might have posted some reports 10 years ago, but you haven't "been part of this forum for 10 years" or your reports wouldn't have gone and you wouldn't have had to rejoin 3 years ago.

Take your attitude elsewhere and learn to have a little respect for others

Perhaps you should learn to respect the rules of the forum, ie no reports = don't ask for info on places

Perhaps it’s time for me to leave this place and move on to more grown up sites

Or perhaps it's time for you to post some photos of some of the places you've been?

Have a read of this thread - https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/28-days-later-survival-guide-for-newbies.116319/ It explains how the forum works, and please don't tell me again that you know how it works because that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who has read this thread (Total: 167) View details