real time web analytics
Report - - THE BAYLEAF-warrington -JAN 17 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - THE BAYLEAF-warrington -JAN 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History- The bayleaf was an indian restaurant famous for its currys in the warrington area , like other bayleaf restaurants it fell on hard times and closed in 2015 , by february 2016 travellers had moved onto the large car park of the recently shutdown site with their caravans and stripped the place bare ,smashing the place up in the process. formerly known as SMITHYS pub, it was built in the 1970s as a local leisure facility and once boasted a swimming pool and an adjoining bowling green . the pool was recently re- discovered by myself after it had been covered by a dance floor a few years previously .
The bayleaf is due for demolition in 2017 if the plans to build 93 apartments on the site gain council and local resident association approval.

THE VISIT- found this place one day when i took a wrong turn home , i had only recently moved to the area !... i checked the place out a couple of times for a point of entry and found it to be securely tinned up ! ...i returned once again to find a security firm renewing some of the metal sheets on the doors n windows ......i returned once again and walked round the site looking for anything they may have overlooked .....this time my luck was in .....some one had left a ladder !!!.... up i popped and found an open skylight .....BINGO ! ...i returned a few days later to find the skylight and all roof windows tinned up ....BUGGARATIONS !!!!!!........i returned once again with my own ladders to find that the magic ladders had appeared once again all on their own , probably another urban explorer leaving them for fellow explorers ???!!!!! i returned once again with my fellow explorer n missus #cazelHT and entered a previously uncovered inspection hatch that had been peeled back like a can of beans ....and in we went , concealed by the fog and darkness of an early december morning.

THE PICS-as usual i was using my most useful of lenses , a 10-18mm canon wide angle , enjoy the pics of whats left of this once quite posh venue.

bay244a927.jpg

bay1970fde.jpg

bay21799d2.jpg

bay207e515.jpg

bay23fd5d2.jpg

bay2234a99.jpg

bay16b8401.jpg

bay158cd18.jpg

bay14b27f2.jpg

bay13fcf0a.jpg

bay121cd92.jpg

bay11f9f48.jpg

bay1044480.jpg

bay9e0e35.jpg

bay80698a.jpg

bay769c7e.jpg

bay4ec259.jpg

bay34d078.jpg

bay642474.jpg

bay2d6343.jpg

bay15033a.jpg

bay2600e8d.jpg

bay25250b5.jpg

Mr Manc89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@scotty markfour A few of my mates were going to explore it the day it burned down and when they were about to go through the gate at the back they said they saw some lads come running out and say don't go in there the police are coming

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@scotty markfour A few of my mates were going to explore it the day it burned down and when they were about to go through the gate at the back they said they saw some lads come running out and say don't go in there the police are coming
cheers for that info @Mr Manc89 , the place has been totally flattened n removed now , they should be building on it soon , look on youtube under bayleaf warrington , vids of the fire in progress , did you explore inside beforehand ?