real time web analytics
Report - - The Devils Organ, Rotherham , December 2020 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Devils Organ, Rotherham , December 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Had a tip of about this one from a kayaking friend and it was a very easy one to access popped out on motorbike the other week to do a scout and has been on my to do list since then

returning again fully kitted up i was over the rather ornate cast railings and descended the giant steps to the entrance at the bottom corner of the the first picture

gated outlet unlocked and open ! it does not get any easier lol

5ft diameter rcp complete with built in shower

looking back to the entry point , going forward again it was

only a bit further when it opened in to a large room, you can see the trolley cart poking its nose out !

there were 4 of these giant pipes with open tops looked like giant organ pipes hence the thread title lol

in between the pipes there were these hatch doors made of very heavy plastic lucky i always carry a bit of rope otherwise i wouldnt have got them open enough to crawl in

door tied back

after checking it wasnt flooded in i went

ladders going up but a ladder going down in the corner caught my eye

there was no smell but just by looking it was obvious things were going to get messy

at the bottom of the ladder there was a platform that looked like it had seen better days so keeping one hand on the ladder as i diddnt want to end up in the shit literally ( can think of a thousand better ways to die than drowning in shit ) i managed one handed to snap a couple of pics

returning to the main floor sharpish this was one of 2 ladders going up to ground level

after a time i made my way out its quite a drop at the otherside so had to crawl out backwards

your taxi awaits you sir ! lol not needed on this explore , was a nice little adventure and not what i was expecting but very welcome avoiding a shower on the way out despite being on my own i really enjoyed this one thanks for viewing :thumb

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not up with my drains, but is this a new one on here?
yes i think so first one i have done in rotherham quite unexpected to find this thought it would be a length of rcp channeling surface water or a stream in to the river

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Well spotted. Its quite sad but I located this just from those blue railings as they looked familiar. There's definitely more to be seen in Rotherham if we get our heads together!
think there used to be a bridge across the river at this point as i cant see why they would have built them big steps otherwise

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Top job, well done. Great to see a new one on here! :thumb
Looks like you were below the YW pumping station as seen in your first pic.
Pretty clean in there apart from that lower level where it looks greasy as well as no doubt shitty.

chills

Queller of the uprising
I echo the above comments, nice to see new draining discoveries despite being out of my reach for now!

Marc067

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice find , explore and report There did indeed used to be a bridge over the river at that point and as people have said there is more to see in Rotherham . I’d be up for some local explores if anyone fancy’s it. I’m generally not a drainer but I might give that one a good

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
nice find , explore and report There did indeed used to be a bridge over the river at that point and as people have said there is more to see in Rotherham . I’d be up for some local explores if anyone fancy’s it. I’m generally not a drainer but I might give that one a good
yes to that if you have anywhere in mind pm me :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 536) View details