real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - The end? Derby Hippodrome catches fire AGAIN | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News The end? Derby Hippodrome catches fire AGAIN

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Well i think if we had posted it as 'Theatre DH' it would still be sitting there mint as the day it closed.....LOL

straightouttaquinton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just been up for a look - there's a new sign outside stating "For sale: Possible redevelopment / Development site". Which is VERY telling. That means any sale includes
the possibility of demolition. Which for a Grade II listed building, means I expect to see a letter to the Heritage board requested it be removed from listed status as a result of fire damage, thus clearing any barrier to demolition and redevelopment.

Very very suspiscious, if you ask me. Especially as the fire gutted the otherwise (in relatively) good condition frontage and back of the auditorium, which were furthest from the areas of previous damage. These are both now eithe rburnt out, caked in soot, and visibly fire damaged. Its as if whoever started the fire went in and decided to find the area in best condition.

Took a few pics, nothing special though.

Of course, a second fire means they could declare the structure unsound on basis of fire damage, and before you know it , in go the bulldozers .....and the owner gets his wishes all along.Not that I'm saying he is responsible, but it is an unusual coincidence.

The fact that further up Green lane is a drug rehabiltation centre halfway house where those drying out go for rehab, where you might be able to find someone willing to do something illlegal for a quick cash payment, is obviously complete coincidence also....

Status
Not open for further replies.