real time web analytics
Report - - The Hobbit's House, Chedglow, August 2013 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Hobbit's House, Chedglow, August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

True_British_Metal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Cookie Raider and my Dad after a failed visit to see some derelict aircraft down at Staverton airport (we had permission to be there, but no access to the derelict aircraft, boo!).

A really charming little explore, sadly cut short by a bolshy and aggressive farmer. It's a lovely little house that a farmer built for his animals in the style of a hobbit's house, built almost entirely from slabs of stone and decorated with some wonderful little bits of painted glass. So the story goes, a farmer originally builts a shed-sized building for his animals, but ended up making it bigger and bigger, completely unbeknownst to the local council. Obviously having inadvertendly flouted local planning laws, the council became aware of the house's existence and weren't too happy with the owner. So, in about 1999 the farmer made a run for it up to Scotland, leaving the house derelict.

9524029993_70c9b72b69_c.jpg

9524034871_7a2e3f9cbe_c.jpg

The only pic I got of this room, with my Dad in shot.
9526823198_01c505d220_c.jpg

Memorial for a goose
9524041249_ef0574cacf_c.jpg

Hoping to get more photos of the stained glass, I hear an 'OI!' from outside, and CM calls me out.

'Do you know you're trespassing on private property?!'

It was the farmer. Now rest assured my old man's not an abusive thug who'll beat the shit out of you if you cross his line, but the way he dealt with this farmer was fantastic. Considering we only wanted to take photos and have a look round, my Dad wasn't going to take being shouted at by a farmer with an oversized ego.

'We're only taking pictures, why don't you have a go at those that're causing real trouble and leave us be?' Said my Dad.

'I don't give a fuck what you're doing! How would you like it if I came into your garden?!'

'Oh I don't mind, so long as you don't mind me walking across your hundreds of acres of land!'

You don't mess with my old man; the farmer didn't have a clue what to say and drove off in a huff! Brilliant.

On a final note, it is too short to justify a report but I'll be paying Kemble Boneyard a visit (with permission, rest assured) soon enough so I'll drop by and finish this place off.

Hope you enjoyed this anyway. Love as always,

TBM x

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details