real time web analytics
Report - - Colin’s Barn (The Hobbit House), Chedglow, Wiltshire - May 2015 | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colin’s Barn (The Hobbit House), Chedglow, Wiltshire - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
@Carmofy I have had the pleasure of meeting this farmer and your stereotypical description of him and his clothing is sadly completely wrong. As he repeatedly and loudly instructed me to F*** O** over the entire distance from the Hobbit's House to my car (which was parked in the village a good km away), I noticed that he was very smartly dressed - say just like the Master of the Hounds of the local hunt and not too dissimilar to this. I think you are right about the UKIP branded belt buckle though. Wouldn't be surprised if the Hobbit House is now holding up a large "Vote Leave" banner.

AltCoyne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The local Royal Naval airfield use birds of prey to take out drones, that may cause less damage.

I think I saw a video of the same thing...

Not sure how well they'd get on with an F450 or any other large quad though as the propellers span over nearly the entire top. Poor bird would lose its feet :D

Maybe a badass barrel roll to grab the landing gear from the underside? ;)

*Just realised the quad in the thumbnail of the video is a Phantom which is roughly the same size as mine, although they don't actually use it in the video.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm loving the drone description, have you considered writing adventure horror novels? I think we need to attach a GoPro to a mole and train it to tunnel to the Hobbit House and then scamper around it, MoleyVisionIII coming to a YouTube Channel soon! Alternatively, there must be a local airfield that does those red letter day experience flights for £40, just get the pilot to repeatedly circle the area whilst you bravely hang out the window with a 600mm lens photographing the Hobbit House, surely Little Lord Fauntleroy wouldn't try to shoot down a full sized plane?!

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone got in here recently? Looking on googlemaps I can see where something has been knocked down, has it gone?

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Tht all depends on where you were looking on google maps. You could always go and have a look and report back.

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here yesterday, had to park up in a nearby lane climb over a gate which says private property walk through a field step over a small fence and there it was in the other field, still looks the same as it does from photos online 6-7years ago, don’t think many people go there due to it being on private land? Either way it’s still standing and looking well

I did want to cut the grass around it and remove the weeds and tidy up though lol

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have read he’s not a very nice man lol turns up with his shotgun shouting his head off but I thought f**k it if I don’t take the risk I don’t see so had to go for it haha

Most probably why it’s still looking well and not smashed right up then because not many people go there? And a lot are to worried to bump into the farmer

Attachments

• 0A45E996-467C-43E3-9CFE-ECB7412D4FB4.jpeg
    0A45E996-467C-43E3-9CFE-ECB7412D4FB4.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got some nice pictures from there, I’ve only ever been to a few places.. looking to find more I have one other in mind which is basically an old graveyard of cars in Bristol may have visit soon

You local to the hobbit house then yea?

Palisade

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went here yesterday, had to park up in a nearby lane climb over a gate which says private property walk through a field step over a small fence and there it was in the other field, still looks the same as it does from photos online 6-7years ago, don’t think many people go there due to it being on private land? Either way it’s still standing and looking well

I did want to cut the grass around it and remove the weeds and tidy up though lol
Glad to hear it’s still there.

Who has read this thread (Total: 225) View details