real time web analytics
Report - - The Royal Sunnyside Hospital, Montrose - April 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Royal Sunnyside Hospital, Montrose - April 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ocelotloz

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went up today, the herrace is pretty much decorative but couldn't get in because there's a egar new watchman. Got some great pics of the grounds and a handful of inside bits but alot has been re boarded. Was getting braver til the old bill turned up. There's a new planning application up too and the cameras seem to be working by the bus stop.

Update. Got up early. Few workmen around. After a bit of exploring and a gift of an heavy duty dust mask found.a way in one of the old buildings right near where the watchman lives. Found the dentist chair pretty quick. Sadly all my batteries had died bar my torch had a quick look round and then realised we'd been sealed in by the labourers. Took a good while to find a way out. Full report when I make it back to mains electric in a few weeks.

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahaha, that happened to us too when we spent the night in booth. They were sealing things up daily.
Look forward to seeing your take on the place:thumb

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
some really nice photo's there man, is it worth the journey from liverpool area.

Thanks Cal
Place is totally locked down now and developers have set up their site office inside one of the buildings. Security live on site 24/7. Place has been totally fenced off and covered in anticlimb paint, and more of the same inside the grounds around the main building and a few other parts. Main building, infirmary and Carnegie are all alarmed now. Despite being 20 mins away from me I haven’t been back for a few months, but in all honesty I wouldn’t waste your time unless you had several backups!

callumfgphotography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Place is totally locked down now and developers have set up their site office inside one of the buildings. Security live on site 24/7. Place has been totally fenced off and covered in anticlimb paint, and more of the same inside the grounds around the main building and a few other parts. Main building, infirmary and Carnegie are all alarmed now. Despite being 20 mins away from me I haven’t been back for a few months, but in all honesty I wouldn’t waste your time unless you had several backups!

Ok thanks man appriciate it, well nice report and keep it up!!

Safe Exploring!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice, spot on. Its a huge place, how long did it take you to explore this lot? Wow those paintings on the ceiling, just beautiful. Really like a lot of features here. :Not Worthy

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice, spot on. Its a huge place, how long did it take you to explore this lot? Wow those paintings on the ceiling, just beautiful. Really like a lot of features here. :Not Worthy

Thanks, I was there for a few days with PV, we got in just about every building and got sealed in lol. Was a great few days, at the time there was so much to see, unlike today judging by @Brewtal 's comments.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Thanks, I was there for a few days with PV, we got in just about every building and got sealed in lol. Was a great few days, at the time there was so much to see, unlike today judging by @Brewtal 's comments.

Nice. I thought it would have to do days. Yep saw Brewstal comments, developers everywhere, councils only care about more flats & money such :wankers

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice. I thought it would have to do days. Yep saw Brewstal comments, developers everywhere, councils only care about more flats & money such :wankers
It’s actually the council holding up the development project. After Pert Bruce bought the site they have jumped through every hoop presented before them, and just as they start making headway with the plans something else flags up that stalls everything. I’ve been told that Historic Scotland have also jumped in to stop the demolition of Booth House because of some of the internal features. I’ve heard whispers that some work has started on parts of the site, but I’ve only been told that and seen no official confirmation of this.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
It’s actually the council holding up the development project. After Pert Bruce bought the site they have jumped through every hoop presented before them, and just as they start making headway with the plans something else flags up that stalls everything. I’ve been told that Historic Scotland have also jumped in to stop the demolition of Booth House because of some of the internal features. I’ve heard whispers that some work has started on parts of the site, but I’ve only been told that and seen no official confirmation of this.

Oh wow thanks for the update, I do hope the Historical society do manage to keep features, too many boxes being built. I do hate our beautiful country of yesteryear being over run with unsightly buildings and not in keeping with areas of age. Thanks Brewal . Always good to no what is happening with a site :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details