real time web analytics
Report - - The Toll Gate Pub/ Tollgate Hotel; Gravesend: Kent ; April 18 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Toll Gate Pub/ Tollgate Hotel; Gravesend: Kent ; April 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User

The Toll gate pub/ Tollgate Hotel

Toll-Gate-Inn-Gravesend.jpg

The Toll gate Pub started life in 1927 until a road widening scheme saw it demolished and re placed on another site in 1922, where it was modernised and extended into the Tollgate hotel over the years.
The site has been empty since 2010 and has security 24 hrs and is fenced off. The planning for the site was heard by Gravesend Council in 2014 where 33 letters of opposition were received, but the ruling went ahead for a new BP station, M & S and drive through Mds.

The explore
The explore didnt go quite as expected. Whats new lol. This was my 2nd trip here, the first being a complete blow out. I really wanted to see in here. I reccied the site, and found my entry point. I proceeded in and grabbed some photos, whilst hearing a dog barking in the background.
Now being disabled and not able to run, I was ready for a run in with security. But I was surprised that the security bloke that spotted me during my external shots, said "You come in here, the dog will get you" !! wow never been threatened by security setting a dog on me. Oh well. Too put it bluntly, I went in anyway. So here are the brief shots I did get before the dog got too close for comfort.

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Some Internals, all the rooms looked the same, double rooms, with ensuite

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Crates from the bar, which I didnt get to as the dog was right there lol

DSC_0017.JPG

Well this was a semi success but 3rd time will be a charm I hope.

Thanks for reading/viewing C J

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great stuff, there places need documenting.
No 'shrimp brand' beer left?! :)

Johnnyquest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We done a recky here today, security looks pretty solid but we’ve found a entry point that looks like it’s going to scratch the hell out of me, if your interested in hitting it together I’d be up for that!

Calamity Jane

Regular User
We done a recky here today, security looks pretty solid but we’ve found a entry point that looks like it’s going to scratch the hell out of me, if your interested in hitting it together I’d be up for that!

There is a way in, but you cant get very far, the other way is scratchy lol, but security is there, I just said screw it and went for it. But yep love to. I dont drive so my hubby took me to this one. But im always scoping it, for when security is at an all time low. There used to be lots of security, and static caravans. Now its one man and a supposed dog, that on speaking to him didnt appear. But suddenly barks from time to time, not sure his even real pmsl

Johnnyquest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well we’re hitting up gravesend hospital over the weekend at some point and we’re going to check security again that day, hopefully it’s a bit easier on a Sunday. I did notice a camper van parked there but I’m guessing they use that as a toilet or something. I’ll let you know what we think on security Sunday evening.

Johnnyquest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So we checked the security at tollgate last Sunday, at 5 in the morning it looked empty but once we’d been round M Block and heading out that way we checked again, must have been around 9 o’clock and there was a old couple walking a German shepherd around the site, they didn’t look like security but they must have been something to do with it

Calamity Jane

Regular User
So we checked the security at tollgate last Sunday, at 5 in the morning it looked empty but once we’d been round M Block and heading out that way we checked again, must have been around 9 o’clock and there was a old couple walking a German shepherd around the site, they didn’t look like security but they must have been something to do with it

That will be them. The bloke I spoke to said the dog will get ya, as he wouldnt chase me lol. Im no spring chicken and couldnt run if I wanted to, but I suspected the dog was on a lead lol.

Johnnyquest

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To be fair we range from 20-42 and there’s 4 of us so we don’t run either, well I definitely don’t run. Do you think it’s 24 hours there?

Calamity Jane

Regular User
To be fair we range from 20-42 and there’s 4 of us so we don’t run either, well I definitely don’t run. Do you think it’s 24 hours there?

It was, but I dont think it is now. There use to be a big caravan there and a few cars, but after New year the big one was replaced by a smaller one, and the guy was alone. He told me allsorts get in here lol. He said I cant let you in, your put the photos on FB pmsl. He was nice enough, but I still went in anyway , pm replied too. I think security is probably 9 til 10 is now if honest. I will check late one night and see,

UrbanDoucheBag94

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I drove past this place the other day - Any update on it? Would love to have an explore of it but obviously it's been nearly a year since this thread was last active.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I drove past this place the other day - Any update on it? Would love to have an explore of it but obviously it's been nearly a year since this thread was last active.

Update is M&S, Mcds and BP are sharing the land. But permission not gone through yet. Security still on site as of Jan 19. But the guys does leave at a certain time for fishing trips. But timing is key

Optimus Prime

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
something is happening there, all the greenery and foliage has been cleared away, although it might just be to make it easier to spot anyone lurking about in the grounds

Who has read this thread (Total: 155) View details