real time web analytics
Report - - Tilbury Fort unrestored ; Essex; Aug 17 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tilbury Fort unrestored ; Essex; Aug 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Tilbury Fort /unrestored bits

History
Tilbury Fort, also known historically as the Thermitage Bulwark and the West Tilbury Blockhouse, is an artillery fort on the north bank of the River Thames in England. The earliest version of the fort, comprising a small blockhouse with artillery covering the river, was constructed by King Henry VIII to protect London against attack from France as part of his Device programme. It was reinforced during the 1588 Spanish Armada invasion scare, after which it was reinforced with earthwork bastion, and Parliamentary forces used it to help secure the capital during the English Civil War of the 1640s

Explore
This was a night time explore. Very overgrown areas, and I got stung quite a bit. But hey ho, I wanted to see what I could get to, which wasnt much in the dark. Another visit may be on the cards here. Anyway the few photos I did take.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ashley Carter

28DL Member
28DL Member
this is east tilbury battery, the owner used to be fine with you going down here! managed to map the hole thing out. find all 7 gun turrets and all 5 underground tunnesl/ rooms. Sadly I went back late last year to ask the owner if I could go down. He now rents the fields out, gave me that guys address and said I would laso need his permission. This man was not willing as he lets cows and sheep run around it now

Yanwoodward135

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went there today, I’m not sure if it’s recent but in one of the entrances to a small room and two windows there’s a Satan marking with two symbols beside. I didn’t want to take the photo because I don’t wanna mess with that shit I heard one or two strange noises but nothing alarming. Locals had no clue we were there.

Alan22

28DL Member
28DL Member
this is east tilbury battery, the owner used to be fine with you going down here! managed to map the hole thing out. find all 7 gun turrets and all 5 underground tunnesl/ rooms. Sadly I went back late last year to ask the owner if I could go down. He now rents the fields out, gave me that guys address and said I would laso need his permission. This man was not willing as he lets cows and sheep run around it now
Hi Ashley, Did you keep a note of the contact details of the owner and the guy who rents it from him? I'd like to go there but want to get permission first.

Iloveakite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went a month or so ago, didn’t see anyone apa from a couple of horses. Kept my head down and was fine, it really is overgrown don’t wear shorts!