real time web analytics
Video Report - - Tots TV House - Stratford-upon-Avon - April 2017 | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Tots TV House - Stratford-upon-Avon - April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Traceyalex2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to my first Report!

So earlier this month I visited the famous Tots TV House. I'm aware that this location has been covered a lot recently so I won't go into too much detail on the history. For anyone that doesn't know, Tots TV was a popular kids show in the 90s. This explore was really nostalgic for me as I remember watching it as a child.

Getting to this place was half the fun, I parked the car a fair distance away and took a long walk through the countryside. We eventually got to the correct field and edged around trying not to crush any crops on the way. It was unnerving to hear gunshots in the distance but we figured that it was safe to say that they weren't for us so we continued on our trek. I don't think that the farmers are too bothered about people visiting the house, as long as you are respectful.

Attached to the side of the house is what we assumed was the production hut, this area was completely flooded and I didn't bring my wellies so I couldn't go too far inside. I don't think that there was much to look at in there anyway. Behind the house, you can also find the little stable where the donkey used to live in the show.

Another interesting bit of info on the area is that the Teletubbies filming location is just a couple of fields away. Unfortunately, it is now just a pond due to an agreement between the TV production company and the farmers that own the land, however, I had to go and take a look anyway.

I should also give an update on the current condition of the house. It's not great. Unfortunately, it has been trashed a fair bit, recently too. I have seen reports and videos less than a month before my visit showing the place in a much better condition. On my visit I noticed that some of the windows had been smashed, the stairs were almost in pieces and the famous red door had been entirely removed with no sign of it in the surrounding area. This was really disappointing to see, but it was still worth the trip nonetheless.

My photos are not too great, I am still trying to teach myself some photography skills. I also made a video which you can watch below too. Enjoy.

33535202603_074174c63f_b.jpg

34215083491_dcbd718d38_b.jpg

34187616582_420a9aab91_b.jpg

34345823175_da5a268847_b.jpg

34304920106_b0642ed469_b.jpg

33535198013_61c9d28347_b.jpg

Wow that's trashed now!! What happened to the old red front door?

Urbanjunkie

28DL Member
28DL Member
So found a bit of time today to have a look at Stratford on Avon planning web site, the site is known as Sweet Knowle Farm. You can find the planning applications for tots tv, teletubby and the pond here. But I cannot find anything in relation to in the night garden, ive even had a search on their map feature across the farm and nothing. So I really am doubting it was filmed on the same farm

https://apps.stratford.gov.uk/eplanning/PropDetail.aspx?ref=006O8GPMDT000

if someone had an idea of where it might be, it would be so easy to confirm just by looking on the planning web site. As they would have had to submit a planning application.

In the night garden was filmed on the same farm land as teletubbies and tots tv however the land was returned to original looking so the set no longer exists just the land it was filmed on. I know as my friend worked on the show and confirmed it.

andy_con

Banned
Banned
In the night garden was filmed on the same farm land as teletubbies and tots tv however the land was returned to original looking so the set no longer exists just the land it was filmed on. I know as my friend worked on the show and confirmed it.
Can we get a location? Any proof?

andy_con

Banned
Banned
Any further info at all?

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Use to love watching this as a kid

Proper emotional seeing it in this wreck that was my childhood memories

Amazing how things change over time

crickleymal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember watching it with my kids 20 something years ago. Not as entertaining as Rosie and Jim though.

wilbur1812

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would love to find the location of in the night garden, but so far ive not managed to. its amazing that something which was filmed around 2005-2007, there is no information on its filming location.

we have tots tv and teletubbys films so close to each other, so maybe in the night garden is close by also.

I have spent a fair amount of time on google earth time hop looking for clues but never managed to find anything. I think the bits in orange below are to small, maybe the one ive highlighted in blue?
my kids watch it all the time and it does appear to be on a slope, but bumps were probably made for the show.

Psb0ur.jpg
This place looks pretty similar, I visited to check and I think its the right place. Maybe we’ve found the In The Night Garden Filming Location? https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=52.266512,-1.7517539&z=17&t=h&hl=en-GB

andy_con

Banned
Banned
Place is long gone
of course.

he said they had to remove everything from the site before they left.

the only thing that may be left is makka pakka cave, he said they actually dug that and didnt fill it in. but it will be nothing more than a hole in the ground

foreigner

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
of course.

he said they had to remove everything from the site before they left.

the only thing that may be left is makka pakka cave, he said they actually dug that and didnt fill it in. but it will be nothing more than a hole in the ground
Hate to revive old threads, but where are the woods In the Night Garden exactly? I too had a chat with a camera operator and all he said was it was the same farmland.

Who has read this thread (Total: 405) View details