real time web analytics
Report - - Tranmere Deep Level Shelter November 2016 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tranmere Deep Level Shelter November 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DeltaGolfRomeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello 28Dayslater.com,

Had the urban exploring itch for several years and never found the time or likeminded individuals to actually do something about it, I’m pleased to report this has now all changed!

Coming from the Wirral (Merseyside) It seems I was spoilt, my first dive into this world was the rather incredible Tranmere Deep Level Shelter. Plenty of reviews already posted around this site which aided me, credit to Paulpowers, CureForPain, Marsden1002 and many others for previous posts and advice aiding my planning.

I think its clear from the images that follow I’m not in it for the photography, I fall into the willing but lack in talent category when it comes to cameras so apologies for that. Overall I was surprised on how neat and tidy the place was, other than the obvious graffiti and rubbish by entrance points (most now blocked up) the main body of the shelter remains strangely frozen in time.

Safe to say I really enjoyed myself and shall be reaching my next target!

Bheadairraidadventure-7033ed06d.jpg

IMG_20161123_1733328bf32.jpg

Bheadairraidadventure-7042010a3.jpg

Bheadairraidadventure-7038dc59c.jpg

IMG_20161123_173714baec3.jpg

IMG_20161123_1729281e21f.jpg

Bheadairraidadventure-7039b8b89.jpg

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks for posting this mate, Wirral is blessed with stuff like this that opens up occasionally. I heard from a little dicky bird that the big safe from the office has been snaffled in the last few weeks.
must have been Geoff Capes or Garth or Giant haystacks :)
this one
300_1431.gif

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see again :thumb although you obviously wouldn"t know the size of it from these pics, hope you had fun........wondering if the access is going too get sealed while you"re inside :eek:

The Safe wouldn"t have squeezed out of the previous access hole that"s for sure ;)

Nice to see it"s still not as badly decorated as Bidston, which has more paint on the walls than a B&Q Depot stocks :(

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wondering if the access is going too get sealed while you"re inside :eek:
:(
The Safe wouldn"t have squeezed out of the previous access hole that"s for sure ;)

Exactly what almost happened to us last time - we were just inside setting up tripods and things for a second explore when we heard scraping from near the entrance. Figured it was another intrepid explorer so I went back to say hi, turned out to be a fat bloke preparing to bolt a steel plate over our only way out. Squeezed out with tails firmly between our legs (asking if we could use his ladder was the most embarrassing part :D )

I heard rumours a few weeks back that this was open again - I'd gone to look at the previous access a week before and it looked totally impassable, welded bolts etc. Without giving too much away - was it a different route this time? :O

Last edited:

DeltaGolfRomeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certainly no safe. . . at least not what I saw!

Now that’s worrying CureForPain, I'd soothed my concerns believing if they ever began sealing it up they’d have to clear it of people first, manslaughter charge? I’ll send you a PM about the entry point used.

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certainly no safe. . . at least not what I saw!

Now that’s worrying CureForPain, I'd soothed my concerns believing if they ever began sealing it up they’d have to clear it of people first, manslaughter charge? I’ll send you a PM about the entry point used.
Was just two builder blokes with a van, I told them we thought we might have heard other people in there and the fat bloke said 'well that's their own bloody fault then". They were surprised to see us, they weren't expecting anyone to be there. But they had zero concern beyond getting the job done - fair enough, they're builders, not a confined space rescue team I guess.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably the same contractors we had over at Bidston in the summer, myself @Thekwan & @Vulex were inside and I held back doing a few pics and luckily heard what I thought was local kids etc .

When we went to look they were in the process of sealing the access up (following a local Chav Vs firework incident the day before where the Emergency services were called out )
They couldn't care less about anyone inside and it was against H&S too go inside to check the shelters were clear. (Not that the fat Twat could have got in anyway but all the same)
We left saying there was others inside and they'd be up on manslaughter charges if they sealed them in !

I went back a month later solo at 3am hoping they didn't come back . Certainly keeps the heart rate high that's for sure :D

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably the same contractors we had over at Bidston in the summer, myself @Thekwan & @Vulex were inside and I held back doing a few pics and luckily heard what I thought was local kids etc .

When we went to look they were in the process of sealing the access up (following a local Chav Vs firework incident the day before where the Emergency services were called out )
They couldn't care less about anyone inside and it was against H&S too go inside to check the shelters were clear. (Not that the fat Twat could have got in anyway but all the same)
We left saying there was others inside and they'd be up on manslaughter charges if they sealed them in !

I went back a month later solo at 3am hoping they didn't come back . Certainly keeps the heart rate high that's for sure :D
That absolutely sounds like the same blokes!

You do get a phone signal behind the wall in Tranmere though - I bloody made sure!

A few friends of mine had a look here yesterday- still accessible and in similar condition by the sound of it. Not sure if the council have given up, or perhaps they're trying to find a new contractor since the old one quit after reading nasty things about his weight online :D

Drac_sioux

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is there actually a way in still, went looking for the enterance a while back and couldn't find it after hours of looking

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is there actually a way in still, went looking for the enterance a while back and couldn't find it after hours of looking
Shouldn't take hours to find! There's only one entrance currently viable and whether it's sealed or not, it shouldn't be too hard to spot. Whereabouts were you looking?