Web
Analytics
Trespass Law | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 12 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Trespass Law

alex17595

Under a mountain
28DL Full Member
I have just seen a post on facebook about changes to trespass law in the Conservative Manifesto.

We will tackle unauthorised traveller camps. We will give the police new powers to arrest and seize the property and vehicles of trespassers who set up unauthorised encampments, in order to protect our communities. We will make intentional trespass a criminal offence, and we will also give councils greater powers within the planning system.
It it obviously aimed at travellers but I wonder how it would affect us.

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
Just a thought I've had,
Would taking a minor on an explore change it to leading a minor astray or whatever the technical term for it is.
No real reason for asking other than interest but I did take my god son out with his dad a couple years ago when he was only 15.
I presume as you're not committing a criminal act you can't be leading someone astray but I wondered if anyone knew for sure.

There's a lot of posts missing from this thread, lots of quotes of posts not there lol.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just a thought I've had,
Would taking a minor on an explore change it to leading a minor astray or whatever the technical term for it is.
No real reason for asking other than interest but I did take my god son out with his dad a couple years ago when he was only 15.
I presume as you're not committing a criminal act you can't be leading someone astray but I wondered if anyone knew for sure.

There's a lot of posts missing from this thread, lots of quotes of posts not there lol.
If you're legally of an adult age and you're out with a child or someone who isn't classed as legally an adult then it's your responsibility for that person's safety. It's a fairly grey area but if caught and the police were involved they may decide to pursue child endangerment charges against you as what we do is usually inherently dangerous in the eyes of the law and the condition of some of the buildings we explore. Personally now I'm all grown up (ha) I'd never choose to explore with a younger child because it's an extra layer of risk and responsibility.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
If you're legally of an adult age and you're out with a child or someone who isn't classed as legally an adult then it's your responsibility for that person's safety. It's a fairly grey area but if caught and the police were involved they may decide to pursue child endangerment charges against you as what we do is usually inherently dangerous in the eyes of the law and the condition of some of the buildings we explore. Personally now I'm all grown up (ha) I'd never choose to explore with a younger child because it's an extra layer of risk and responsibility.
Have been thinking this myself for sometime. I take my lad out (14) sometimes but am always careful where I take him but know others who do a ot more dangerous stuff with kids of similar age!
Its a difficult one, I want him to have an interest in exploring but always tough saying to him "no u cant go there its too dangerous"

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
Well to be honest we had the water works (yes from a 15 yo) scared of his own shadow, it was a simple walk in we did but I think he went home having had fun in the end but it was the first and last time for me lol. His dad was responcible for him but not much help lol.

zombizza

Pink
Regular User
I've always considered bringing a dog lead with me. 'My dog ran off, I'm looking for him'