real time web analytics
Trespass Law | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 8 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Trespass Law

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ben H Gent

28DL Member
28DL Member
So if you enter a abandoned home just taking pictures and being quiet police can ask you to leave and that's about it?

Samsfern

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, just a quick question, if i leap over a fence and climb a gasometer, would that be criminal trespass or civil? Thanks.

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Civil I would have thought.

But if you don't get caught it doesn't matter anyway :thumb

Mike Stiles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
just a quickie-theres an old building in my town completely boarded up with all entrances padlocked. if i were to enter the building using a key(legally obtained) could this be classed as breaking & entering(as i don't have permission) or would it still just be trespass as i wouldn't cause any damage going in??

buoyswillbebuoys

28DL Member
28DL Member
just a quickie-theres an old building in my town completely boarded up with all entrances padlocked. if i were to enter the building using a key(legally obtained) could this be classed as breaking & entering(as i don't have permission) or would it still just be trespass as i wouldn't cause any damage going in??

So you would have permission to have the key, but not to use it?!

loki

28DL Member
28DL Member
Probably a silly question, but getting caught in an abandoned building with just you your mates and a lot of cameras.

If any of your mates have any kind of clearance, will plod know and realistically would they get grief over it ?

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
How would the police know? Is someone going to ring them up and say "someone's going into my disused building between 8 and 10 don't go and see what they are doing?"

I think most people should know what's allowed and what's not. Getting caught with a set of ladders going I to a broken window is going to land you with trouble, but climbing over a fence to a big opening into the building may get you into less trouble. It all depends how the 5-0 see it, and if they want to me complete muppets. If you get caught, and arrested, just hope your in the right IMO

Shocktictacs

Put it in me.
28DL Full Member
How would the police know? Is someone going to ring them up and say "someone's going into my disused building between 8 and 10 don't go and see what they are doing?"

I think most people should know what's allowed and what's not. Getting caught with a set of ladders going I to a broken window is going to land you with trouble, but climbing over a fence to a big opening into the building may get you into less trouble. It all depends how the 5-0 see it, and if they want to me complete muppets. If you get caught, and arrested, just hope your in the right IMO

I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think its more a question regarding people with certain "security clearances" and whether getting caught in a derp could cause them issues.

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think its more a question regarding people with certain "security clearances" and whether getting caught in a derp could cause them issues.

That is how I read it too, someone with security clearance

Loki
The person with clearance has to ask himself could he/she lose his job over it, if so does he/she think losing their job is worth some pics of an abandoned building etc

If they wanted your names and ran them through the system I guess certain clearances must show up on the PNC, I'm not 100% sure though honestly

Shocktictacs

Put it in me.
28DL Full Member
That is how I read it too, someone with security clearance

Loki
The person with clearance has to ask himself could he/she lose his job over it, if so does he/she think losing their job is worth some pics of an abandoned building etc

If they wanted your names and ran them through the system I guess certain clearances must show up on the PNC, I'm not 100% sure though honestly

Yeah, I mean I know there is people out there that do stuff with these "privileges" to varying degrees, I think they're just careful about what they do. If you get arrested and subsequently charged/convicted. Then that would definitely cause issues, but I think a stop and search etc wouldn't make a difference.

Danny Sheppard

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i would just like to add , to this , being a street /urban photographer I have done alot of research on taking pictures /filming ..I would advise anyone being approached by police to film the conversation , it is perfectly legal and seems to keep police from lying to you , they have no right to look at your images or delete your images . When talking to the police , be polite and state you are filming for your own safety , ask them why they are talking to you , and if they say you are committing an offence , ask them to name the section of law that applies . Do not swear or shout or square up , this can be classed as behaviour likely to cause alarm of distress , finally do not go into conversation in a friendly manner as you may slip up , just ask " am I being detained " if the answer is no , then ask "am i free to go " ...keep asking the question until you get a favourable answer .

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
i would just like to add , to this , being a street /urban photographer I have done alot of research on taking pictures /filming ..I would advise anyone being approached by police to film the conversation , it is perfectly legal and seems to keep police from lying to you , they have no right to look at your images or delete your images

actually, if they ask you to "delete" your images, they themselves would be committing an offence... as they could be deleting "evidence".
Ive put this point across to a CSO jobsworth in the past, who radioed in, and then came back to me saying i could keep the photos.... :rolleyes:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1158) View details