real time web analytics
Trespass Law | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 6 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Trespass Law

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kachangas

'Explorers are we?'
28DL Full Member
I'd guess active utility property refers to things like water treatment works and not culverts/sewers?

Besides, if it's criminal trespass you'll find signs at the site stating the relevant legislation and saying it's an offence to trespass there. No signs = no problem :thumb

Thanks again Chiroptera!

I wonder if they put up trespass prosecution signs outside Buckingham Palace or something... :rolleyes: :popcorn

Elfina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you were to get caught somewhere and questioned by police, what happens when they ask how you got in etc?

Elfina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oki doke, I wondered whether it were necessary to say, I didn't imply lying. Thanks for the info :thumb

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
If you're a bit worried, take a photo showing your access. I've done that with a broken window a couple of days prior to going in just in case I was accused of breaking it. In all likelihood it probably wouldn't help if you were being prosecuted as you could've broken it when you took the pic, but it may help when being questioned at the scene.

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
If you were to get caught somewhere and questioned by police, what happens when they ask how you got in etc?

Personally I'd tell them a different area to the access I used to keep it there, this is more aimed at fencing etc.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
You could do that, but you still run the risk of lying to police. Really, is it worth it, when we all know a new access point usually opens up soon enough at most places.

In my experience, the police are more likely to look favourably if you tell them you got in the big obvious way - being friendly and helpful goes a long way.

Elfina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Whilst we're at it - Is a swiss army knife considered to be a tool for potential entry by the police? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind PPE like a hardhat?!

wUK

Dust Particles
28DL Member
Whilst we're at it - Is a swiss army knife considered to be a tool for potential entry by the police? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind PPE like a hardhat?!

Hadn't thought of that; I have a Swiss army knife in my backpack.

PickleB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm curious - are non-active MOD bases illegal, or is it just a telling off?
Have a read of the posts on and around page 6. Unless it's a SOCAP site then I believe that it is the UK law of trespass that applies, ie not criminal in E&W but possibly in Scotland.

I guess it then depends upon how determined the person making the is to see you punished. At one active MOD establishment it was MOD Plod's habit to inconvenience the poachers they picked up by detaining them until morning and then releasing them on the opposite site of the establishment to their access point and vehicles (it was a big place). Even trespassers at AWE were not always prosecuted, but nowadays I expect that they make use of the caution to make sure that you end up with a record.

Bottom line ... nowhere is a telling off the only available option.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1158) View details