real time web analytics
Report - - Tucker Fasteners - Perry Bar - Birmingham - March 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tucker Fasteners - Perry Bar - Birmingham - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
It really suprised me how original the building was. The buildings out back that im told were the eyelet department towards the end of their time making them could have been vacated in the 60s or earlier. Two tone paint scheme, enamel signs everywhere you look, the 4 main shop floor areas even had their bakelite clocks still on the wall.. (Dont tell MattyD that one tho!!! :P)

The main factory had a few signs of modernization but only right near the front entrance. otherwise all original toilets and shop floor with a few 1970s prefab offices to contend with..

There should be more to find. I noticed signs to the medical room while i was being entertained by the man in hi-viz and the place had air raid shelters somewhere according to ex workers..

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place looks brilliant, thanks for sharing and security wow what knobends!

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lovely, much prefer proper industry (guess due to my background, kind of miss it!) to the generic photo opportunity stuff.

this is proper recording of industrial history

nice one

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member
Nice, looks worth the wait. I remember this popped up in the leads section 12 months or so ago. Completely forgot about it, along with a couple of other places that i have noticed recently i am already too late on

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
The midlands feels slightly more 'active' than its done for the past year or two. We need to get out and about a bit more!

Eight-Seven

This is not a good idea. Let's do it.
28DL Full Member
The midlands feels slightly more 'active' than its done for the past year or two. We need to get out and about a bit more!

Agreed. Theres a couple of places in Jewellery Quarter and a place I have my eye on in the city, doesnt look too fascinating but hey, you never know. Also think Ive found a new drain in Oldbury near to sub-5 that I think Bubblehead found way back.

Oh and has anyone checked out the construction site by the thinktank? Im sure theres a crane lurking there

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Its now or never guys, got chased out by a nibbler and a bunch of demolition contractors this morning.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Nearly bumped into you. We went to the pub insted tho! Did i spot theres security again?