real time web analytics
Report - - Tytherington Quarry - Gloucestershire - March 2017 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tytherington Quarry - Gloucestershire - March 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Degenatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I thought those things in the warehouse looked like Christmas trees but didn't believe they were. Nice photos and use of the wide angle lens.

Sizzler

28DL Member
28DL Member
The rail line that runs into site has been re-connected to main line and first trains due soon.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Nice, will it go through the tunnel?

Almost certainly as the tunnel is inbetween the main line and the quarry. Glad they are reopening the line but gutted that I won't be able to visit the tunnel anymore :(

Seffy

Staff member
Lovely snaps, only just seen this too?! Are they actually using the place now then?
We stopped going here after a very angry man cut a swimming sesh short a couple of years ago with his Alsatians haha. Maybe he's history now though...

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Theres been rumours of the line being reopened for two or three years now but nothing ever seemed to come of it, according to one of my mates who came with me the first time the line was never officially closed just mothballed. I thought the quarry itself was pretty much dead now as all the reports I've seen from the last year or so have not mentioned any sort of security presence at all and I know Huey got caught here in 2015 by a fairly overzealous security guard as well. Got a fairly busy weekend but I'll try and have a look at some local archives and see if I can find any info on it opening up again. Admittedly it would be somewhat odd if it isn't if the line is being put back in use again.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Place is deff being used and I read some blogs this afternoon suggesting the line will shortly come back into use. Worth a look if your in the area, it's a lovely tunnel on the way in.

Emz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely snaps, only just seen this too?! Are they actually using the place now then?
We stopped going here after a very angry man cut a swimming sesh short a couple of years ago with his Alsatians haha. Maybe he's history now though...
Visited 2 days ago, man in large white van and 2 Dobermans now