real time web analytics
Report - - Underground old Tin mine workings, Cornwall. Jan 08 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Underground old Tin mine workings, Cornwall. Jan 08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pasty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been looking for a way into these mine workings for some time, recently thanks to speaking with a guy who used to work down here and with meeting up with another explorer in another mine we managed to find a way in.
We actually looked for over 2 hours for a way in! almost giving up, we found a tiny hole in the side of a bank.
Squeezing through the tunnel increased in size to this:
2-3.jpg

A much larger tunnel led into the old workings of an old Tin mine which then connected up with the more modern workings.
3-3.jpg

The ground here seemed quite unstable
Enterance to the main shaft:
6-1.jpg

main shaft gates
7-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

looking down...
11-1.jpg

The people who own the site seem to be putting pipes down the main shaft for use of the water, they also have access into the main shaft from the surface.

Air lines for drills etc still in place further down the tunnels...
13.jpg

Back in the older workings, railway junction:
16-1.jpg

18-2.jpg

red water...
19-1.jpg

bad air warnings...
21-1.jpg

25-2.jpg

26-1.jpg

That was it for this trip. Although we spotted this on the way out.
28-2.jpg

We returned another day for further exploration of the older tunnels to see if there was anything beyond the bad air warnings. I took a bottle of air with a diving regulator in a backback and some extra rope.

t0.jpg

Further into the older workings...
t3-1.jpg

t6.jpg

At this point the air went bad. Time to switch to the bottle and progress further!
alt.jpg

creepy tunnels
t10.jpg

pair of gloves, probably left by a worker, sometime in the 1970s?
t11.jpg

remains of shovel
t113.jpg

Rubbish left by miners or explorers? no best before date on...
t115.jpg

That will do for now, i have plenty more pics and we have explored pretty much every tunnel there is now.

(Name of mine deleted to prevent possible sealing up of site...)

Last edited: