real time web analytics
Report - - Unfinished Holiday Park, Golden Sands, Bulgaria, March 2012 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Unfinished Holiday Park, Golden Sands, Bulgaria, March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Darmon_Richter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This location consists of around eight separate buildings, situated not far from the beach at the popular Bulgarian resort town of Golden Sands. However, funding ran out before the apartment blocks could be finished, and as a result the brick and concrete shells have been left to the elements.

Generally I'm much more interested in exploring sites that have been developed a little further than this - places that have a real strong sense of character and history about them.

However, there was something special about this site, and so I thought I'd share it. Perhaps it's the absence of graffiti, litter, or any other signs of human activity - although the buildings aren't far from the resort itself, it seems as though they've been completely forgotten. It took me quite a while to fight through the brambles to get to them, and there are even trees sprouting out of doorways here and there - which gives an idea just how long the site has been left abandoned for.

For more photos check out the full report on The Bohemian Blog: The Broken Bricks of an Unfinished Holiday Park

Cheers!
DR.

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-1_zpsd3f33eac.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-2_zpsf2c54d96.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-3_zps3249c995.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-4_zpsdbd7248f.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-5_zpsace9e332.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-6_zps66ebead1.jpg

Unfinished-Holiday-Resort-Bulgaria-by-D-Richter-7_zpsfbcd587d.jpg