real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - 'Urban explorers' criticised over tasteless Rossendale Hospital prank 07/06/12 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News 'Urban explorers' criticised over tasteless Rossendale Hospital prank 07/06/12

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
INTRUDERS have been slammed for ‘mocking the dead’ after breaking into a former chapel of rest in a disused hospital.

The ‘urban explorers’ entered Rossendale Hospital and took pictures of themselves inside the mortuary.

From the Lancashire Telegraph

Cheers to TranKmasT for the link

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Ha, what a load of tripe as usual by the LT. Forever spooning out shite to the citizens of Lancashire.

"And police have warned anyone caught will be prosecuted "

Prosecuted with what, exactly?

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
A police spokesman said: “Not only could those trespassing face prosecution but they could also put their own lives at risk.”

Really?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Urban explorers? By that of course you mean filthy unemployed, unwashed, hippy, mother earth loving frosty jack swilling, non tax paying, bonged up, crusty cave dwellers.

Jesus, if that's real we need to market ourselves better...

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
sorry bout this people..there are other reports from this morgue in non public so didnt think that it would matter..seems to be one image that they have taken interest in.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
sorry bout this people..there are other reports from this morgue in non public so didnt think that it would matter..seems to be one image that they have taken interest in.

You're right it doesn't matter, except for the small-time paper and small-minded people of Rossendale.

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
i love a news article thanks for posting

i like some of the comments on the website aswell

"Is it anymore disrespectful than turning churches into pubs / nightclubs resturants or even fireplace warehouses. I am not condoning in any way what they did. In recent times burial sites have been cleared of the dead to make way for new build houses & industrial units was that not just as disrespectful."

"I fail to see how they were 'mocking the dead' because there was no dead people in the disused hospital morgue. Whether they should have been there or not is another point, but this story is pure sensationalism with a few rent-a-quotes thrown in for added measure. Good publicity for the Urban Explorers website, tho."

"Prosecution for what ? Going into a derelict building owned by people who couldn't even keep the lead on the roof"

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks like the Lancashire Telegraph may have shot themselves in the foot after reading the comments online it appears not so shocking after all AND I am going to invoice them for using my picture:thumb

sorry to any other explorers who wont now get to visit this place because of probable hightened security.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Looks like the Lancashire Telegraph may have shot themselves in the foot after reading the comments online it appears not so shocking after all AND I am going to invoice them for using my picture:thumb

sorry to any other explorers who wont now get to visit this place because of probable hightened security.

I'm at work at the moment, but if you pm me an email, I'll send you the defence you can expect from the LT 'legal department'

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Im pretty sure ive done more disrespectful stuff on mortuary slabs in my time ;)

kevsy21

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its sad how newspapers blow things out of proportion to make it sound so dramatic to fill pages.At least most of the comments left are quite positive.
Can't understand the notion of stepping up security to protect the site and then its getting ripped down to build houses on.What a waste of taxpayers money.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Don't say sorry... It's awesome! Get a copy and get it in a frame mate!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm at work at the moment, but if you pm me an email, I'll send you the defence you can expect from the LT 'legal department'

Thanks Dr Howser but it was tongue in cheek and probably wont be asking for payment for my picture:)

Spoke to Maybenot 1330 before and told him about him being in a Lancashire online paper and that we were called bonged up and unwashed.,,.he is at the download festival and he said that the description is mostly correct :D

Status
Not open for further replies.