real time web analytics
Urban Exploring Locations In Bristol, United Kingdom | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploring Locations In Bristol, United Kingdom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Joey Miller

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anybody know if the blockbusters video store on winterstoke road has been demolished or converted yet?

Nope

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In regard to the two old hotels near Temple Meads, I climbed onto the roof of this one (51.449361, -2.585380) a few years ago and the midday view was gorgeous. I was alone so didn't go in but access did look easy. The scaffolding has since been alarmed but that needn't stop you. It is called the Grosvenor Hotel, was apparently built in 1875 and became derelict in 1993. This bloke in Flickr seems to know some of its history.

The derelict building next to it was called The George Railway Hotel and is Grade II listed. I've never been in there as it looks like they've done a good job sealing the place up but one day I'll give it a go. Apparently, it is "One of only a few large, decorative late Victorian public houses in the city." Read more here

Last edited:

Seffy

Staff member
In regard to the two old hotels near Temple Meads, I climbed onto the roof of this one (51.449361, -2.585380) a few years ago and the midday view was gorgeous. I was alone so didn't go in but access did look easy. The scaffolding has since been alarmed but that needn't stop you. It is called the Grosvenor Hotel, was apparently built in 1875 and became derelict in 1993. This bloke in Flickr seems to know some of its history.

The derelict building next to it was called The George Railway Hotel and is Grade II listed. I've never been in there as it looks like they've done a good job sealing the place up but one day I'll give it a go. Apparently, it is "One of only a few large, decorative late Victorian public houses in the city." Read more here

There is

The George Railway hotel is done quite a lot, but not much to see inside as it’s stripped to fuck and the scaffolders have smashed poles through loads of windows walls etc. The hotel next door isnt much better either. They really ought to do something about them soon, they’re down as one of the city’s biggest eyesores! Along with Parcelforce... but the end really is nigh for that one now.

Nope

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The George Railway hotel is done quite a lot, but not much to see inside as it’s stripped to fuck and the scaffolders have smashed poles through loads of windows walls etc. The hotel next door isnt much better either. They really ought to do something about them soon, they’re down as one of the city’s biggest eyesores! Along with Parcelforce... but the end really is nigh for that one now.

I suppose no-one told the scaffolders it was listed. Bristol 24/7 published this article with some fancy pics in it of what the pair of old hotels might get turned into, but that was over a year ago and all that's changed since is that some of the fabric wrapped around The Grosvenor has fallen off. Anyway, cheers for letting me know about the George Railway. I must be missing something because when I look at it, I don't see a way in. Time for some lateral thinking.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I suppose no-one told the scaffolders it was listed. Bristol 24/7 published this article with some fancy pics in it of what the pair of old hotels might get turned into, but that was over a year ago and all that's changed since is that some of the fabric wrapped around The Grosvenor has fallen off. Anyway, cheers for letting me know about the George Railway. I must be missing something because when I look at it, I don't see a way in. Time for some lateral thinking.

The George Inn was a hotel just to confuse. That's listed. The Grosevnor is not listed

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Bank of England gets checked regularly, and the court next door. Never had any luck personally. Occupy got in the bank for a while.

Clifton rocks railway, no point trespassing there, just buy a ticket.

The place by the SS Great Britain is on here a few times, I forgot it's name but it's just got planning permission for redevelopment.

It's not a courts next door to the bank. It was a Norwich Union Credit offices. I've been in and its an anticlimax really. Completely stripped office type derp, literally nothing of interest.

bristol_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's not a courts next door to the bank. It was a Norwich Union Credit offices. I've been in and its an anticlimax really. Completely stripped office type derp, literally nothing of interest.
Any photos from inside? Was it a permission visit? No one has seemed to have covered it yet, comments I’ve seen saying it’s like Fort Knox to get into ...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Any photos from inside? Was it a permission visit? No one has seemed to have covered it yet, comments I’ve seen saying it’s like Fort Knox to get into ...

The Norwich Union building isn't hard to get into and its just stripped bare/squatted etc. Maybe your thinking of the Bank of England next door which is very much tight.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User

As @tumbles said, the bank is tricky. Not the Norwich union building. It wasn't a permission visit. It's barely worth photographing inside to be honest. I'm keeping a close eye on the bank however!

Who has read this thread (Total: 268) View details