real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria hospital, swindon, april 2009 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria hospital, swindon, april 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

larey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first "report" so pointers would be nice. As ive been reliably informed this is a new one so heres some history!

Victory hospital was erected in 1887-88, opening in 1888, was designed by Mr. W. H. Read, where it was swindons first general hospital(replaced by the Princess Margaret Hospital in 1960) it was used as a maternity ward and just before its closure in 2007 a mental heath unit, this is the current state inside.

unfortunatly i went back yesterday to reshoot some shots for my college work (the 3D poster about alzheimer's) and they have security now, nice bloke but he was some kind of asian guy and i think he was worryed about loosing his job by talking to me so wouldnt let me in, maybe il try slipping him a tenner next time ;)

DSC_6832.jpg

DSC_6908edit1.jpg

img191finaledit.jpg

DSC_6871.jpg

Chair graveyard
alex_hosp077.jpg

img192finaledit.jpg

Anyone for a cuppa?
img260.jpg

img262finaledit.jpg

img263finaledit.jpg

And down in the depths...
img194editfinal.jpg

Last edited:

tommo

shire lad born & breeding
28DL Full Member
hope u dont mind if i pop a couple of pics up, i didnt take that many and its not worth my own thread for this

top evening, turned up and nearly drove in to the security gaurd !! lol.

so i got out and started chatting to him and asked if i could have a little look round, " sure he said" so with that he took me round the place.

what more can i say, there was big signs up about trespassing, surely with an invite from the security gaurd i was laughing.

so he was a top bloke, didnt speak english very well, guess that made it easy when i asked him about the photos and looking round lol.

there are not many and to be fair the top rooms have been done, so i mainly explored underground in the basement, even found the lift and all the gear for it

my new friend " monnie"
IMG_7213.jpg

boiler house
IMG_7218.jpg

kitchen
IMG_7226.jpg

basement pipe work
IMG_7274.jpg

basement workshop area
IMG_7262.jpg

lift machinery
IMG_7256.jpg