real time web analytics
Weird Alarms/ SECA | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mastermind21970

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys... went to two locations in Surrey today. A well known factory & prep school. Factory has two, what looks to be sound detection alarms on the roof. Whether they work or not I don’t know. We made quite a bit of noise & went on the roof and didn’t seem to set anything off- albeit we did stay 20m away from them.
But what was weird - the prep school had three floors. As we went up the stairs (pitch black as it was about 8pm and the windows are all boarded up), we could hear this faint beeping.
As we got closer to the corridor on the top floor, the beeping intensified and became louder as we were talking. We stopped talking for about 20 seconds and the beeping became less frequent, as soon as we started talking, it’s volume Increased again. We freaked out a bit and backed away slowly... has anyone come across this? My friend was tempted to go down and see what it was but I said it’s our first visit so not worth it... especially if some alarm started going getting out would have been a huge kerfuffle. But why would they put a sensor alarm only on the top floor? What are they protecting in this one room.
Absolutely bizarre and can’t stick our finger on it.
Any input would be appreciated - we are going to go back in the day time for some photos... but totally made us uncomfortable. It’s like having a three story house, but only putting sensor alarms in the loft- not bothering with the other two floors.

J9URBEX

28DL Member
28DL Member
If its the same prep school I'm thinking of, the beeping is just old fire alarms running out of battery. Made us jump the first time we went too.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
I doubt they are alarms you're looking at, often sound monitoring equipment is used where building work is going on to monitor if they are making more noise than they are allowed. Ive never seen sound used to trigger an alarm system.

The beep could be anything, fire alarms would be a good bet. Multiple alarms would give an intermittent beep. Can also be surveying equipment.

mastermind21970

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If its the same prep school I'm thinking of, the beeping is just old fire alarms running out of battery. Made us jump the first time we went too.
Amazing- just had the same answer off a fb forum. Back to school we go next time.
That window isn’t the easiest to get through at all we saw that electricity line running into that room with the beeping & scared the crap out of us.