real time web analytics
Report - - Wenallt AAOR bunker, Cardiff - January 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wenallt AAOR bunker, Cardiff - January 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I was in Caerphilly for a ten minute job and decided that I deserved a break.

I was looking at a culvert which runs to the castle but it was busy around the infall so I decided to head over to the AAOR bunker which was 10 minutes away.

I parked in a small carpark nearby which was labelled on Google maps as a car park for swingers, I must have been visiting on the wrong day because there was no one else around. When I realised I wasn't going to get a blowie I headed over to the bunker.

All the doors are now sealed up so I pulled out the 28dl teleporter pad and was inside in seconds.

The rest is just me walking about taking pictures and I had a piss in the toilets.

Anti-Aircraft Operations Rooms (AAORs) or Gun Operations Rooms (GORs) as they were known during the second world war owe their origin to the Air Defence of Great Britain (ADGB) organisation of the late 1930’s. (The name change occurred during the 1942 re-organisation of AA Command with both titles being in common usage).

Later the former AAOR became the main BT war headquarters for Wales. The distinctive curved glass galleries were stripped out, and new dormitories, air conditioning, canteen etc., were installed in the 1970s but the work was abandoned before completion and the bunker is now disused although the adjacent BT radio site remains in service.

31241132504_a81c800d8e_c.jpg

31933817062_256932cbb1_c.jpg

31706881770_0170eb9836_c.jpg

31933812982_02daf05d9c_c.jpg

31933807892_1eb480069d_c.jpg

31933804502_6af5d0f1a1_c.jpg

31706860500_59fba53fe1_c.jpg

31964440351_98ea3987b6_c.jpg

31271896373_251f87e210_c.jpg

Callum Holt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ha but srsly tho is there any cameras because last time I went to some place abandoned police showed up
Also, to get inside the area do you climb over the gate because I went up there earlier and tried going around. It turned out there is a fence around the whole thing. I didn’t want to go over the gate from past experiences sketched me out

Nearmic

28DL Member
28DL Member
Just popped up today and gate is locked and new fence all around perimeter going about a quarter mile down the road ..
Also at gate sign saying it’s now private property and owned by a trust( I forget name of..)
And if access to antenna is required to call number below !!
Had kids and dog with me so didn’t fancy climbing over will have a look in week..
Fence looks like it might be alarmed , but not sure ....

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Just popped up today and gate is locked and new fence all around perimeter going about a quarter mile down the road ..
Also at gate sign saying it’s now private property and owned by a trust( I forget name of..)
And if access to antenna is required to call number below !!
Had kids and dog with me so didn’t fancy climbing over will have a look in week..
Fence looks like it might be alarmed , but not sure ....
So if there was no fence you would of gone in never knew urban exploration was in that 100 things to do before your 12 book!

Nearmic

28DL Member
28DL Member
So if there was no fence you would of gone in never knew urban exploration was in that 100 things to do before your 12 book!
Maybe I should’ve mentioned I was out for a walk with kids 9 year olds also couple of large dogs didn’t go up there specially to go in bunker have been in many times !
Just thought I’d mention I’d seen a new fence and signs up around site .
Didn’t realise ..
Maybe I should stick to walking Dogs ..
Didn’t realise you had to be Bob Thissen to give a bit of friendly info