real time web analytics
Report - - Westley Richards Gun Makers, Birmingham | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Westley Richards Gun Makers, Birmingham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Rigsby, Bubblehead and Speed.

This was a lonnggggg time ago but so as not to ruin tradition, I'm posting up some photos a lot later than is necessary because they've been floating around my hard drive for about a year. I remember it being a crazy hot day and we sat in McDonalds car park afterwards waiting for it to get late enough to visit LDV. I fell asleep in the back of Ron and got horrible sicky sun stroke for the rest of the day. Blurrrghh!

William Westley Richards set up his gun making business in 1812 "To be a maker of as good a gun as can be made". On the way to achieving that ambition, the company has also been responsible for a remarkable series of inventions that have set new standards in gun design.

Westley Richards' commitment to innovation is matched only by its dedication to superb craftsmanship. The company's standards of manufacture go far beyond those of precision engineering, and every part of every gun is made, finished and fitted with faultless accuracy.

It is nearly two centuries since Westley Richards was established in Birmingham. Today, it thrives as a family-run business, occupying an impressive purpose-built gun-making factory and retail premises.

_DSC0934R.jpg

_DSC0933R.jpg

_DSC0932R.jpg

_DSC0931R.jpg

_DSC0930R.jpg

_DSC0929R.jpg

_DSC0928R.jpg

_DSC0927R.jpg

_DSC0926R.jpg

_DSC0925R.jpg

_DSC0924R.jpg

_DSC0923R-1.jpg