real time web analytics
what should i bring starting out | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

what should i bring starting out

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kai7011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ive been looking around and keep finding varing answers about what you should have starting out so im just wondering what is best
im also wondering about stuff to protect against asbestos i know its hard to fully protect from it but just looking for stuff to minimize the risk

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
ive been looking around and keep finding varing answers about what you should have starting out so im just wondering what is best
im also wondering about stuff to protect against asbestos i know its hard to fully protect from it but just looking for stuff to minimize the risk
Solid mask: best one Iโ€™ve found JSP P3 comfy not too expensive (Donโ€™t cheap out you only have one set of lungs)
Gloves: literally any cheap gloves, sports direct have some in the workwear part that are like 3 quid
Or mechanix wear if youโ€™re feeling gucci
Donโ€™t cheap out on your breathing, especially if you already have more sensitive lungs like I do, mould is the death of me

Exploring With Pride ๐ŸŒˆ

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
The basics torches, gloves a mask walking boots or something similar and a first aid kit always a good idea

kai7011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Solid mask: best one Iโ€™ve found JSP P3 comfy not too expensive (Donโ€™t cheap out you only have one set of lungs)
Gloves: literally any cheap gloves, sports direct have some in the workwear part that are like 3 quid
Or mechanix wear if youโ€™re feeling gucci
Donโ€™t cheap out on your breathing, especially if you already have more sensitive lungs like I do, mould is the death of me
yeah i would rather get a good mask than a cheap bad one thanks for the recommendation imma look into it

MacMan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Torch, stout footwear and a decent pair of work gloves are the bare essentials in my opinion. Work gloves with good grippy palms and fingers make a world of difference and keep the munge off your hands. A clean P3 mask is a good idea for protecting against dust and mould when necessary.

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
stuff to protect against asbestos
Best advice about asbestos: do not fuck with it!

Don't disturb it, move it, touch it or lick it, if you stick to this you'll be fine, but if you do disturb it, you risk putting fibres into the air which you can breath in, they can also stick to skin and clothing which you could end up taking home with you.

Last edited:

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member

Don't disturb it, move it, touch it or lick it, if you stick to this you'll be fine, but if you do disturb it, you risk putting fibres into the air which you can breath in, they can also stick to skin and clothing which you could end up taking home with you. :thumb
Avoid it, as-best-os you can.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Yeah P3 is all well and good but nowdays I generally stick to the watch out for the particularly nasty areas approach

Generally speaking a pair of leather gloves are a game changer for me, and some grippy shoes. Otherwise, just bring yourself

Exploring With Pride ๐ŸŒˆ

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member

Don't disturb it, move it, touch it or lick it, if you stick to this you'll be fine, but if you do disturb it, you risk putting fibres into the air which you can breath in, they can also stick to skin and clothing which you could end up taking home with you. :thumb
Tbf licking it isnt that bad for you ๐Ÿ˜‚

DE-eVOLVED

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My Kit includes :-

Waders
Filtered half face mask
Tactical Gloves
Latex Gloves
First Aid Kit
A drink
Snickers x4 (usually)
Sanitised hand wipes
Small writing pad and pen
Camera Phone
Charging Cables
Main Flashlight
Back up Flashlight
Mini Flashlight
Disposable Vape
Glow Sticks
Oxygen Meter
USB Charge Device
Goggles

It depends what and where I am exploring but I always take mask, gloves, 1st aid kit, and at least 2 flashlight plus the camera ๐Ÿ‘Œ

For Asbestos though propper filtered mask, gloves, goggles, sanitised wipes, first Aid Kit, flashlights, phone camera and normal explore clothing.

Last edited: