real time web analytics
Question - - What was your "just missed it" moment? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What was your "just missed it" moment?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlexUrbex1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like 90% of my explores these days.

But a major one was, I was in Golan Heights looking across at the war in Syria which wasn't on at that time. But you can see all the ruined cities, urbex heaven, we see one man on a motor bike, everything else was just abandoned. And there is no hard boarder to cross because Israeli have claimed the land but its actually Syria. But did we cross? No! We'd already been detained by the Israeli army and we promised them we'd behave for the rest of the holiday. There were too many risks :(

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Cane Hill, I saw it half demolished from outside the fence but did see the pool changing rooms. Had I been exploring 18 months longer I'd probably have seen it all.

Turned up to a mill I'd been wanting to see for a while in the north somewhere to find it had been totally destroyed in a fire a week or so prior.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Rossington colliery bath house. Was half rubble when I got to it - sealed tight the week before.
Always annoyed me... looked like it would have been amazing.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
How close were you to exploring somewhere but it then getting sealed/demolished/brought?
Was about a week or so from wading into a conveyor tunnel at Heyrod power station, was working up to it when I got there, and it was all filled in fully

A shame too as the workings down there were interesting apparently

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Heaps way before my time that I'd have loved, but can't think of many that I only just missed in terms of time frame. Several of the power stations in more in-tact states / less demolition progress I guess. Kingsnorth control room @Terminal Decline

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
J&A Builders Greenhithe first place I explored (been there many times during lockdown with my dad and brother) Went there few weeks back building had been cleared out and all diggers gone and all bushes cut down was very sad to see it all gone as use to love climbing on the diggers and sitting in the crane shame to see it go been 100s of times since 2020

IMG_2425.jpeg

The Young One

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
J&A Builders Greenhithe first place I explored (been there many times during lockdown with my dad and brother) Went there few weeks back building had been cleared out and all diggers gone and all bushes cut down was very sad to see it all gone as use to love climbing on the diggers and sitting in the crane shame to see it go been 100s of times since 2020

IMG_2425.jpeg
Do you have anymore photos of this place before it was cleared?