real time web analytics
Question - - What's the coolest thing you've ever found on an urbex? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What's the coolest thing you've ever found on an urbex?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gorgi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would people rather items such as this be left to rot or trashed?
I'd rather see an item taken and saved than see it end up in a skip or burnt
a good example of this is the girl who was arrested for robbery at berkkyn manor for taking a small pocket diary that would have otherwise rotted away.

Stu1986

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That
We found an engineers logbook from the 1960s at Denbigh Asylum once.. had entries every single day, even Xmas day etc.. we saved that and posted it Denbigh museum :)
Hats off to you for that .. made my day to find out that you gave it the museum

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Theres been a few, but from memory, the tank at upwood was pretty cool - the turret turned round and you could get inside

There was an intact fire truck at Hickson and welch, that was a nice find - completely intact with all the gear and suits - no photos though as we had to do one when we set the mask piston off...

The moving cart in Holme bank mine..... closest to indiana Jones I'll be getting...

The beauty of exploring is that, you always find something.... ;-)

Urban paranormal

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is just a quick, interesting question - what is the coolest thing you've ever found exploring somewhere? I'm posting this as I went to a secret bottle dump between Tilbury and Coalhouse Fort along the coastal path and found two pocket watches, some rare bottles and (yes, indeed) a grenade which I just chucked into the rocks and ran :) Sorry no pictures as camera still broken from Red Sands boat tour.

I just got back from baron hill and found creepy dolls.one set in place.one even cries.i have a video footage and pics

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
This is just a quick, interesting question - what is the coolest thing you've ever found exploring somewhere? I'm posting this as I went to a secret bottle dump between Tilbury and Coalhouse Fort along the coastal path and found two pocket watches, some rare bottles and (yes, indeed) a grenade which I just chucked into the rocks and ran :) Sorry no pictures as camera still broken from Red Sands boat tour.

Hardly a secret now is it. :p

It's actually an old rubbish tip, there's loads of them along the coastal areas of Kent and Essex. rubbish was shipped out of London and dumped wherever they felt like it. I used to go digging up old bottles near at the one near my house when I was a kid, but in those days we used to line the bottles up on a wall and shoot at them with my mates BB gun, they had no value to us. It's only looking back I realise that there were probably some nice collectable bottles and stuff in amongst that lot.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
At Federal Mogul Camshafts I found a loft full of engineering documents and sales ledgers. Even found hundreds of staff record cards of people with DOB's of before 1900.

Reece walker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A intact vinyl player and a family's photo album on a slide show from 1960 taken the family album to get printed and post online to find the owners

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Miniature hospital.

FOUND IN A FOOKING HOSPITAL!

IMGP7812%20copy.jpg

IMGP7818%20copy.jpg

IMGP7820%20copy.jpg

Last edited:

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
£110 down a tidal drain, on 3 separate occasions, utilizing all five denominations

skgogosfan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Miniature hospital.

FOUND IN A FOOKING HOSPITAL!

IMGP7812%20copy.jpg

IMGP7818%20copy.jpg

IMGP7820%20copy.jpg

That really is awesome! Look at the detail and workmanship that went into it - pillows on the beds and plants in the pot! I'd love to know the story behind that - who made it and why - but I doubt we ever will,sadly.

Dave.

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found the_raw in millennium mills at 10am once, we did some drinking and thats pretty much how i know him. I also found Oli on top of a crane in Stratford once. I also found extreme_ironing on the roof of battersea power station once.