real time web analytics
Most expensive thing you've lost on an explore? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Most expensive thing you've lost on an explore?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
not lost anything but did 700 quids worth of damage to my camera and fucked a £300 lens last month, funniest thing is i got quoted £738 for the reapairs-can buy a brand new body for £500 :confused::confused:

Jesus! Sounds expensive.

Miss Drippy

Who?
28DL Full Member
I left my tripod on the train in Chernobyl - very annoying as it was basically brand new. I was hoping that it was just be reserving my seat in the morning but no such luck. :(

Nearly lost my lens cap in the catas as well, I was in the crawl space with a load of bones and spent a good 5 mins sifting through bits of spine in order to find it again.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Don't forget about losing the use of your thumb after nearly ripping it off trying to move boulders at Middleton :thumb

True that.

the only thing I can't do is take the handbrake off on a car, I have to use my index finger instead of my thumb, yep it still doesn't bend.

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
My nokia lumia phone fell out of my pocket while trying to have a crafty wee once...speakers and screen gave up the ghost after that!

Also ripped a pair of pretty decent jeans and wrecked at least two pairs of trainers but that is to be expected

I think the worst thing I have lost/left was a nice hoody that fell off my waist while trotting around an old lodge, I tend to keep a good grip on torches or steal someone elses which is infinitely better!

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
...Queue torch in the ballpit at Camelot)...

^^^ :D ...but before that I fell off the track on one of the rides and landed on my camera and bust the lens on its first outing (that was the replacement for the camera I went under with in a drain and broke :( ). I also put my camera bag down in Brinksway and it took f00king ages to find it again, did the same in Bunker drain too but luckily someone picked it up for me (can't remember who it was, but cheers!).

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
Well, my story wasn't on the explore, it was on the way there, and we got it back, my mate just crapped his pants.

Stopped at a Tesco five minutes from an explore, got out had a fag etc.
He then got his bag out sorted it through which had his: Med kit, phone, car keys, house keys, fags, scarf hoodie, camera etc.
So we drove of, not realizing he had left his bag on the roof, and, we didn't realize until we got out of the car at our first explore of the night, and he was panicking because he realized his bag wasn't in the car.
"Oh fuck wheres my bag" was all he said before we all realized he left it on the roof and make a quick trip back to Tesco, wasn't on the floor of the car park, so I rushed inside to the help desk to ask about it whilst the others searched the car park just in case.

Successfully and luckily a good Samaritan had handed his bag in!
So i go outside and he just started laughing with relief, then starts looking through his bag to check everything is still there, to find that his car keys and fags are missing. He then starts panicking all over again till we get back to the car and realize his keys and fags were in the door bucket the whole time.

Ordeal and a half :wanker:mad::eek:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A Canon G10 / 11 - left it on the roof of the car after exploring some Scottish hole. A couple of Lensers underground, somewhere. Not much :rolleyes:

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
I lost the lens cap for Dempsey's zenitar 16mm 2.8 having dropped it off a crane - subsequently I spent the evening lying up the top watching police with dogs search the site for us until the point at which the dogs actually got a scent, then bailing pretty hard. Still cast around for it very briefly at the bottom but the dogs were barking loudly so it didn't get found. Turns out they aren't really possible to buy without getting a new lens...

Dr Howser lost a £120 carbon fibre manfrotto in an even more ridiculous police-related incident as I remember. I actually cracked a rib that night, technically they're priceless unless you're going black market...

Still got away both times!

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I lost the lens cap for Dempsey's zenitar 16mm 2.8 having dropped it off a crane - subsequently I spent the evening lying up the top watching police with dogs search the site for us until the point at which the dogs actually got a scent, then bailing pretty hard. Still cast around for it very briefly at the bottom but the dogs were barking loudly so it didn't get found. Turns out they aren't really possible to buy without getting a new lens...

Dr Howser lost a £120 carbon fibre manfrotto in an even more ridiculous police-related incident as I remember. I actually cracked a rib that night, technically they're priceless unless you're going black market...

Still got away both times!

Lies and slander, it was neither manfrotto nor carbon. Sadly the price is accurate though.. Well worth it for the escape still I feel.