Question - - Workers Markers and Their Meanings | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Workers Markers and Their Meanings


28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was down a drain today in the bottom end of a system which has no graffiti just the plain concrete walls of the tubes. I don't think anyone is ever down there as it floods even with minor rain. At the beginning is a Y junction and on the way out I noticed the letters SG written in capitals in yellow writing about 10cm high.

This got me thinking what markings do the workers use and what do they all mean?

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
The majority of these marks are from inspections; some are just distance markers, some highlight defects while other markers are just photo identifications.

If you inspect a drain you may end up with lots of photos which once you come out all look the same, plus they may inspect a couple of drains in a day, photo ID's makes life a lot easier once you get back to the office and write the report.

They are also then know points for future inspections to either monitor a defect or carry out some maintenance work.