real time web analytics
Report - - Wye DEFRA labs - Kent - March 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wye DEFRA labs - Kent - March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Iv always know these as Wye college labs ( old campuses)

Anyways ! As I’m on the trend of throwback atm due to not being able to get out and explore all the stuff I want to due to lockdown ! I though I’ll take it back to 2018

One spring evening - we met up with some other explores and drove up to wye after hearing the labs was back open .

To are surprise it was simple as 1/2/3 and was no hassle at all No security no nothing just a bunch of us walking around snapping away - we did all go in different directions and met up later in after we Finshed the explore

To my surprise I was shocked how big this place was and the decay that was happing inside the building .

Like most places it was pretty trashed but I did find it very interesting ! We must of spent a good 2/3 hours in there as we leaving it started to get dark .

History that I could find :

The Wye campus developed from 1894 until 2000. It occupies a 3 km² estate, which includes a farm, managed woodland, and ancient grassland for agroecological research. These resources were augmented by glasshouses, climate-controlled growth rooms for plants and insects, and a containment facility for transgenic plants that supported laboratory-based research. There were dedicated laboratories for plant molecular biology, genomics and gene sequencing, electron microscopy, use of radiochemicals, microbiology, soil analysis, and plant/animal cell culture. Some of these lab facilities were removed by Imperial College. There were student halls and other buildings dotted around the village.