real time web analytics
Report - - Yorkshire chemicals, Leeds, YCl. 08/07/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Yorkshire chemicals, Leeds, YCl. 08/07/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
After a long night out with saxofilis and the loon doing some smalls ites (crane and reccies), and after a week of pre-planning, we headed for YLC leeds, arriving in leeds at around 12.

Even from the road i was surprised at the size of the site (excluding site 2 'down the road'). We spent around 8 hours there in total there. A lot of slow, but, extremely enjoyable exploring. It may be trashed, but the stuff you can find is really interesting, its like they upped of and left everything; books and furniture everywhere.

Quite a few highlights on this explore for us, in our first building, we seen the 'security guard' throwing bricks through some of the windows for fun, and at the end in site 2 i almost fell through the ceiling, i emphasis extra caution on some of the floors, holes covered in wires and cable with a drop of up to 3 floors! Luckily i only fell in with one leg :D

anyway i will cut the crap, no editing on the shots as usual, sorry for the amount, but i feel this place needs more coverage before it gets completely wrecked.

Our starting place, a now, silent workshop.
YCLleeds035.jpg

Just before we had out little encounter with 'security'
YCLleeds044.jpg

From the workshops (engineering, plumbing etc.) wewent across to the ovens, with new grafiti, but still had loads of interesting things to prod around in
YCLleeds049.jpg

It was the offices which i found most relaxing, loads of stuff to read, mybe a bit boring, but a nice rest it was.
YCLleeds067.jpg

From the roof of the offices and canteen, i was impressed by the loons invention for gaining access to the roof
YCLleeds077.jpg

...back down the stairs and though more offices
YCLleeds087.jpg

and, back through the ovens...
YCLleeds102.jpg

We decided to have abreak at this point, and gain access to the opposite side of the site, but with different access, due to security being in the middle of our venture.

I found this part really interesting, with some packaging lines untouched :crazy
YCLleeds111.jpg

YCLleeds113.jpg

Up the stairs...probably the most enjoyable part of the explore for me.
YCLleeds133.jpg

YCLleeds139.jpg

YCLleeds140.jpg

...and more of the things, couldnt get rid of the flare with the hood on, so i took it of and used it, to hopefully, my advantage.
YCLleeds142.jpg

YCLleeds156.jpg

I guess where more silos used to be.
YCLleeds158.jpg

Couldnt resist a group shot in this part :p (the loon, me and saxofilis.)
YCLleeds171.jpg

YCLleeds179.jpg

Yes, i actually put the timer on for this one, sad, but fun.
YCLleeds191.jpg

YCLleeds198.jpg

loon looking focused
YCLleeds200.jpg

YCLleeds205.jpg

Finally, this is the only shot i got from Site 2 (down the road) due to batteries dieing, oh well always got time for it again :thumb
YCLleeds218.jpg

Last edited:
T

the loon

:thumb what an excelent night :thumb
Sights where top class even tho they have had a nasty attack of the pikey's :mad:

Loads to see and plenty to cover over the 48 hours I took about 250 pics , got thru 2 sets of batteries 6 boosts half a doz pro-plus(shared with Dempsy and Saxofilis)1 and a half packets of haribo's a KFC bargin bucket(again shared) far to many ciggerets,1 ham sandwich and £45 of petrol :crazy
YC is aantaic sigh f ou like industrial stuff as has something to offer everyone from the offices to the actual sheds.
Again tho as dempsy's said I wouldnt advise going at night. Theres far to many small ankle breaker holes in the floor plus some of the bigger ones go down thru 3 floors.
The main worry is the pikey/chav quota as we saw a few hanging around the general area including one guy who walked past us a couple of times when we where parked up at sight 1. TBH I was expecting to come back and find the car gone or looted but thankfully it didnt happen.The other worry was saw a fair few dirty syringes left lying about which could seriosly harm the incautious

Get in there quick thou as I dont think it will stay this nice for long as its in a prime spot for redevelopment.

plumbers workshop
2007_07080073.jpg

sparkys workshop featuring Dempsey
2007_07080068.jpg

found a big box of old pictures of which this was my favorite
2007_07080093.jpg

Dempsey has a break
2007_07080104.jpg

security hut
2007_07080166.jpg

Dempsey's falulence earned him this one
2007_07080129.jpg

shooting in the labs
2007_07080124.jpg

still loads more to post as well but will wait a bit now

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Well it was time for another vivist (the next day hehe) me Saxo and saxo met Geordi in leeds, and did the first site, doing the bits we missed the previous day.

Thought its worthwhile uploading more pics to cover this site before it gets well and truly wrecked.

Once again, a awesome place to explore....

YCLleeds2019.jpg

YCLleeds2033.jpg

The chemical labs, still filled with samples etc.
YCLleeds2029.jpg

Saxo
YCLleeds2039.jpg

...and geordie
YCLleeds2043.jpg

YCLleeds2046.jpg

We did the second site, i wil put a link for that report in the near future. :thumb

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details