real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletchers Boiler House (Turbine Hall etc), Oldham | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletchers Boiler House (Turbine Hall etc), Oldham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very popular 'urbex' spot this mill, although most miss arguably the best bit, the old boiler house and turbine hall - granted this is due to certain security measures making this area very difficult area to get to, with a blind run across a road that is usually watched by a dog handler! All the effort is definitely worth it though.

I've seen videos of this part from the last year or so, and I think it's gone downhill a bit, not due to vandalism, but mass natural decay.. thankfully I went quite a while back, so got to see it all in pretty much mint-derelict condition, just how I like it. This entire area (much like the main mill) had a very strange lay out, from what I remember the boiler house was huge, with little paths going off everywhere from the main room, these little empty alcoves eventually lead to what would have been the turbine room, that before the mill closed, had its turbine ripped out and instead contained the on-site engineers general junk. Next to the turbine room there was a little room for packaging, which was all very 90s. Although the boilers are pretty cool, this part was all about the little details for me, beautiful Hopkinson gauge stuck to the wall, lovely signage scattered around everywhere and a general feel of "old" made it a fantastic explore.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG
12.JPG

13.jpg

14.JPG

15.JPG

17.jpg

18.JPG

16.JPG

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Beautiful with so many nice industrial bits and pieces to see, and good job the dog handler didn't catch on ;)

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Nice, this brings back memories.. first part of Fletchers I got in many years ago. Doesn't look like much has changed!

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Very popular 'urbex' spot this mill, although most miss arguably the best bit, the old boiler house and turbine hall - granted this is due to certain security measures making this area very difficult area to get to, with a blind run across a road that is usually watched by a dog handler! All the effort is definitely worth it though.

I've seen videos of this part from the last year or so, and I think it's gone downhill a bit, not due to vandalism, but mass natural decay.. thankfully I went quite a while back, so got to see it all in pretty much mint-derelict condition, just how I like it. This entire area (much like the main mill) had a very strange lay out, from what I remember the boiler house was huge, with little paths going off everywhere from the main room, these little empty alcoves eventually lead to what would have been the turbine room, that before the mill closed, had its turbine ripped out and instead contained the on-site engineers general junk. Next to the turbine room there was a little room for packaging, which was all very 90s. Although the boilers are pretty cool, this part was all about the little details for me, beautiful Hopkinson gauge stuck to the wall, lovely signage scattered around everywhere and a general feel of "old" made it a fantastic explore.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG
12.JPG

13.jpg

14.JPG

15.JPG

17.jpg

18.JPG

16.JPG
Ow wow great pics when we did it was just the main building planning on going back and we definitely try the outbuildings next time

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice work! One of my favorite explores ever this place, although i have only done the main building, i may have to make another trip soon as i have heard a few people say planning has been finally given although i dont know how true it is.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lovely to see this. It’s so easy to forget the bits that aren’t the main mill. Thanks for sharing.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh my, that looks stunning! I really need to try and get this one done before it goes.

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brillant! This is the first area I visited as I couldnt access the 'main' building at first. I have been back half a dozen times now and each visit I find a different area. Im yet to visit the 'Workshop' which is next on my list. Good stuff 👍

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
Brillant! This is the first area I visited as I couldnt access the 'main' building at first. I have been back half a dozen times now and each visit I find a different area. Im yet to visit the 'Workshop' which is next on my list. Good stuff 👍
It's being demolished diggers on site have started

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's being demolished diggers on site have started

Do you have any photos of this? What part is being demolished? Quite unimaginable to think the day has finally arrived.. planning has been in for years, but with how most of the buildings should have really been grade II listed (thought they were tbf) and the fact the factory is sat on chemically contaminated land or so i'm told, its shocking to here they've finally gone ahead.

Wonder whats going to happen with all the tat, might be going skip diving in a few months lol

Exploring With Pride 🌈

28DL Full Member
Do you have any photos of this? What part is being demolished? Quite unimaginable to think the day has finally arrived.. planning has been in for years, but with how most of the buildings should have really been grade II listed (thought they were tbf) and the fact the factory is sat on chemically contaminated land or so i'm told, its shocking to here they've finally gone ahead.

Wonder whats going to happen with all the tat, might be going skip diving in a few months lol
IMG_4668.png

IMG_4669.png

Just screenshots from a recent vid