real time web analytics
A Couple of Churches in Lyon | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A Couple of Churches in Lyon

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Well Wasp

Buzzzzzzzzzzz
28DL Full Member
Recently (well last year) I was part of a road trip, with Urban Fox, Otter, and Marc, heading towards a nice Italian wedding. On the way we stopped at Paris, Lyon, the French Alps, Milan and the wedding location Lake Orta. While traveling we stopped at a few nice spots, some to explore some to kip down. I am very slow to scan my film so for now you can enjoy a few shots from a couple churches in Lyon

The two churches are;
Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière
Cathédrale Saint-Jean-Baptiste de Lyon

Firstly I will start with the later, a shot from Lyon Cathedral looking up towards the Basilica

6781086013_743dd68df2_z.jpg

This was a very nice church, seemed a bit small for a Cathedral, but everything seems small compared to the Basilica.

The Cathedral was involved in a nice story. Basically one of the stone masons of the Cathedral was Muslim and he was reaching retirement, and as is traditional the other stone masons built a gargoyle likeness of him for the church, underneath it had the motto "Allahu Akbar", which means god is great, and there was a bit of a commotion about it, and the priest just told everyone to piss off and shut up.

Next a have a few shots from atop the Basilica

6781063627_3057f83ef3_z.jpg

6781061713_d21a37ec30_z.jpg

Unfortunately with the next two shots which look like they would have been the best from up there. I forgot to wind on in between giving an annoying but interesting double exposure. I normal wind on after every shot, but as i am not happy with heights my perch atop the tower left me more concerned with leaving the tin roof than the winding on of shots. guess it means I have to go back for these two shots again ;)

6781059049_0d899c05dd_z.jpg

Lastly we have one shot from inside the Basilica

6781057499_f0fbd5d8d6_z.jpg

and for a special offer I give you a picture of a pretty alpine lake, I know that what you all love really

6781084365_5c120613bb_z.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details