real time web analytics
Report - - a recent update on the Royalty Cinema, Harborne, 20/12/23 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - a recent update on the Royalty Cinema, Harborne, 20/12/23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

maddie812

28DL Member
28DL Member
the Royalty Cinema is a well trodden well known site in Birmingham. It’s local to me so i’ve been going regularly since it burnt down. Over the years it’s gotten more boarded up. Since the summer, i’ve noticed it’s gotten significantly more boarded up. I’m here to give a report on how it is very recently

You can still access the inside. The previous entrance on the right is blocked off but you can still get in through the left. Pass the car park, until you see the rubbish heap with mattresses. It’s slightly treacherous but still accessible. Walk along the brick wall at parts and watch out for screw sticking out, then you’ll get to the main opening part where it burnt down

Most of the entrances into to the main building are completely blocked off. After scanning around, we discovered one singular remaining entrance on the left wall of the building — you can’t see the entrance unless you’re looking from the right angle. The entrance to the main building is near the blue lipped breast lady

notes:
there used to be a homeless guy who lived here, he seems to have since gone. a wrecked sleeping bag is left behind, there are also a lot of needles around on the ground

Inside, it is pitch black. Bring torches and a friend. keep an eye out for a hatch in the wall on the ground floor, there are stairs to the rest of the structure

Be very careful on the top floor, my foot went through the floor

there is some roof access

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8508.png

IMG_8502.jpeg

IMG_8505.jpeg

IMG_8504.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
the Royalty Cinema is a well trodden well known site in Birmingham. It’s local to me so i’ve been going regularly since it burnt down. Over the years it’s gotten more boarded up. Since the summer, i’ve noticed it’s gotten significantly more boarded up. I’m here to give a report on how it is very recently

You can still access the inside. The previous entrance on the right is blocked off but you can still get in through the left. Pass the car park, until you see the rubbish heap with mattresses. It’s slightly treacherous but still accessible. Walk along the brick wall at parts and watch out for screw sticking out, then you’ll get to the main opening part where it burnt down

Most of the entrances into to the main building are completely blocked off. After scanning around, we discovered one singular remaining entrance on the left wall of the building — you can’t see the entrance unless you’re looking from the right angle. The entrance to the main building is near the blue lipped breast lady

notes:
there used to be a homeless guy who lived here, he seems to have since gone. a wrecked sleeping bag is left behind, there are also a lot of needles around on the ground

Inside, it is pitch black. Bring torches and a friend. keep an eye out for a hatch in the wall on the ground floor, there are stairs to the rest of the structure

Be very careful on the top floor, my foot went through the floor

there is some roof access

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_8506.jpeg

IMG_8508.png

IMG_8502.jpeg

IMG_8505.jpeg

IMG_8504.jpeg

IMG_8503.jpeg
This is somehow the worst looking derp, as well as the most gorgeous externally (previously internally?) building I’ve seen, that shot of the upper seats is just fabulous

maddie812

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is somehow the worst looking derp, as well as the most gorgeous externally (previously internally?) building I’ve seen, that shot of the upper seats is just fabulous
it looks incredibly apocalyptic nowadays, i love it — thank you! i’m new to the site and i keep seeing the word derp, what does it mean?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
it looks incredibly apocalyptic nowadays, i love it — thank you! i’m new to the site and i keep seeing the word derp, what does it mean?

The word 'derp' was originally used as a contraction of the words 'derelict places' in reference to the somewhat shoddy quality of the locations that used to be posted on the Derelict Places forum, and so the word 'derp' became associated with a crap, boring or trashed location. Now it just seems to be used to describe any sort of location.

And thus ends my history lesson for everyone.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
The word 'derp' was originally used as a contraction of the words 'derelict places' in reference to the somewhat shoddy quality of the locations that used to be posted on the Derelict Places forum, and so the word 'derp' became associated with a crap, boring or trashed location. Now it just seems to be used to describe any sort of location.

Damn I didn’t know there was an actual meaning for it, either that or you’re a world class story maker but it seems valid.
Only ever seen deep get used for like, trashed or graffed places

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Damn I didn’t know there was an actual meaning for it, either that or you’re a world class story maker but it seems valid.
Only ever seen deep get used for like, trashed or graffed places

It's the truth, but a lot of people newer to this forum are entirely unaware of how it came about a long time ago and the word is used to describe pretty much anything now

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
It's the truth, but a lot of people newer to this forum are entirely unaware of how it came about a long time ago and the word is used to describe pretty much anything now
That’s genuinely really interesting, saving that knowledge cheers

maddie812

28DL Member
28DL Member

thank you so much! i couldn’t find the definition online or on urban dictionary for the life of me

Lotusisok

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haven't been to this place for a few months, glad to see it's still kicking about despite the efforts to lock it up, cheers for the info