real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned quarry, Cornwall. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned quarry, Cornwall.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pasty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stumbled apon this place over a year ago, but back then it was intact and although a good explore, few of the buildings were open.
Being in the back end of nowhere, its not the kind of place you can easily swing by, but i was near recently, so i took my camera this time for some snaps. Unfortunately somebody has smashed the crap out of the place, which is a pity, it has however provided access to most areas.

Paperwork and equipment is strewn all about the place and many of the rooms are now open to the elements which is a real shame.

Not much history on the place, its been open for many years and they used to load boats with the crushed aggregate they produced (granite). Next to it is an operational quarry and this site is privately owned and watched.

Official enterance- even just parking here to take some pictures didnt go unoticed!
1.jpg

We went for the safer route of parking miles away (literally) and walking!
4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Lunch hut- lots of boiler suits still hanging up, maybe they are coming back one day..?
18.jpg

main crusher
27.jpg

crusher control seat
28.jpg

jetty control station
25.jpg

other offices
22.jpg

24.jpg

We stood for a while watching the waves crash over the jetty
19.jpg

20.jpg

Back in one of the offices we found a photo on the wall of calmer seas
23.jpg

VwTerry

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi could you tell me where abouts this is please? I live in Cornwall and never heard or seen about it before??thanks

Aarons Finest

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi looking for this place on google maps 8 quarry's have came up i live in cornwall i dont drive so i would have to get a bus please could you send me the details of a name because theres 8 granite quarries and since its not in use anymore i think google map would not be listed anymore nice spot to throw a line in also many thanks Aaron. [email protected]