real time web analytics
Report - - Quarry Dean Firestone Mine, Merstham, Surrey - June 2020 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Quarry Dean Firestone Mine, Merstham, Surrey - June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The entrance and discussion of this place on newsgroups back in the day, was a right palava. IIRC is this down a ladder, underneath a manhole?

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The entrance and discussion of this place on newsgroups back in the day, was a right palava. IIRC is this down a ladder, underneath a manhole?
I believe the ladder and manhole entrance was the football fields way in. From what I understand that’s long since been concreted shut

MissDimpIes

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was once in the old Merstham football field. There used to be a train that ran to them to remove the quarried materials. The mine was last used in 1920 and is only 200 yes old, nothing to do with Roman. A lot of your facts are wrong. My dad used to do cave rescue and tours and knew these tunnels well and often had to rescue people who got lost down there! He has all the plans of all the tunnels and mines locally. The ‘lakes’ are just flooded tunnels. I remember going down here when I was younger, and haven’t been since as i became scared to enclosed spaces after this

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
This was once in the old Merstham football field. There used to be a train that ran to them to remove the quarried materials. The mine was last used in 1920 and is only 200 yes old, nothing to do with Roman. A lot of your facts are wrong. My dad used to do cave rescue and tours and knew these tunnels well and often had to rescue people who got lost down there! He has all the plans of all the tunnels and mines locally. The ‘lakes’ are just flooded tunnels. I remember going down here when I was younger, and haven’t been since as i became scared to enclosed spaces after this
This one is just down the track from the football field mine, both quarries have different numbers, unless they joined at some point ?

Who has read this thread (Total: 454) View details