real time web analytics
Question - - Advice on permission visit to unexplored gem | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Advice on permission visit to unexplored gem

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scattershot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi

After much Google earthing, researching and shuffling up and down the street I have come to the forums to seek the advice of those who have arranged permission visits to locations in the past.

Basically there is an old tool factory in my town that dates back to 1898 that has been abandoned for years and looks like a potential gem of a building. No one as far as I can see on the web has ever been inside. And I think I know why....Access may be possible with climbing HOWEVER its location sucks. It's on and surrounded by residential streets and everyone's house overlooks the place. It is also sandwiched between houses and a church with only the front side visible from the street. It's impossible even with Google Earth to get a good look at the building to scout out potential access points let alone actually get in without being seen. Day or night

So. I have come to the conclusion that a permission visit is probably my only hope (as small as it may be) of getting in. Except that I cant seem to nail down who owns the place anymore. It must belong to SOMEONE but who? The company went into liquidation so who would own it now? There is an outstanding debature and info says that all properties and machinery were seized in order to pay off Lloyd's Bank PLC. So does the bank own it? Is there a way of nailing down the owner that I havent thought of?

Thanks in advance.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Be interested in this too + keep looking at the school just down the road, anyone done that? (its local to me too)

Scattershot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes Bikin Glynn I am keeping another eye on the school too! :) I have been for a good wander around and didn't see any way of getting in. That being said I am new to this and more experienced explorers would probably notice an opportunity that I didnt see. Checked it out on Google maps/earth too. I will go back to the factory at some point this weekend in the early hours to have another look and will keep an eye on the school. Last time I went to check up on them I wasnt there long as there was a shifty looking dude sitting on the pavement watching me. He was probably just waiting for his dealer but he put me on edge and I was by myself lol.

Last edited:

john75

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dead easy.. What is the address?? Simple land registry search [costing £3] and you will have a copy of the land cert There is NO land or buildings "abandoned" in the UK Zero, nil none... The vast majority will be registered, [it is compulsory on any transactions or other disposition of the land affected by the title, although this was phased in on various dates throughout the country subsequent to the enacting of the 1925 LRA] The remainder will be unregistered, BUT title will be deduced by examination of the title deeds. You can find if land is unregistered by a search of the land registry index map

Who has read this thread (Total: 256) View details