real time web analytics
Report - - Aldermaston Court, Berkshire - May 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aldermaston Court, Berkshire - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dragon_Urbex

Very much hoping the links to the photos embed here but here goes nothin'!

Aldermaston Court is a 19th century mansion built in the Neo-Elizabethan style. It replaces an earlier predecessor that was partially (not completely) destroyed by fire a couple of years before this current one was built. The new mansion incorporates various architectural features from the original house such as the cherry wood staircase, the decorative brick chimney stacks, some fireplaces, the stained glass and the wooden panels.
It actually took me a good 18 months to actually find a way into this place as it is locked down pretty damn tightly but I finally managed to find a way in through a window that had been left open. Combined with motion sensor CCTV cameras both on the inside and outside, this makes moving around inside and outside this place undetected bloody mission impossible.

The explore was brilliant. Loved every minute of it. I had to sneak in via a hole in the perimeter and keep to the bushes to avoid the guard patrols that were every twenty minutes. Security is stationed in a small cabin near the main entrance to the site. The access to the mansion was… hair-raising… I won’t detail it as it has now been sealed off but it was not pleasant. Once inside, I was met with a motion sensor camera pointing down the corridor. I had to very careful edge my way underneath it to access the rest of the place. Thre were 37 motion sensor cameras inside that required very careful navigating around to avoid. At the very end of my visit I accidentally set one off and that caused a small security panel to begin bleeping loudly. I was on the top floor of the mansion and could just about hear this… Literally two minutes later a car came barreling up to the front of the house and an irate guard came running out. Time to go!! I legged it down the servants quarters stairs and out a rear exit of the place. Luckily I had plenty of photos to show!

1575973031786.png

1575973054534.png

1575973081938.png

1575973113188.png

1575973144597.png

1575973177149.png

1575973200357.png

1575973233154.png

1575973287469.png

1575973324671.png

1575973363375.png

1575973393908.png

1575973423073.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The links work but not really the way to post a report.
That said thats a pretty impressive place, well done for your perseverance & I can see why its heavily guarded

Chickadea

Lancashire bird
28DL Full Member
If it wasn't for the links this would be a fab report! Lovely building - seems well looked after

D

Dragon_Urbex

The links work but not really the way to post a report.
That said thats a pretty impressive place, well done for your perseverance & I can see why its heavily guarded

Just seen the links haven't worked. I'll work on fixing them!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
What a cracking report. Well written, but the building wow. Loving the ceilings, woodwork & clock. Nicely done. :thumb

D

Dragon_Urbex

Some great features in there and good effort with the clock.
There are indeed. I was very very surprised to find some really old books in the library too. That was a good find. And the clock I believe is a Gillett and Johnston one from the 20s. I'm a church bell ringer so I see a lot of clocks and the makeup looks a lot like a G&J one. Keep an eye on this place, it's been sealed since May 2018 after I got in but it might become open sometime soon the way things are looking!

D

Dragon_Urbex

What a cracking report. Well written, but the building wow. Loving the ceilings, woodwork & clock. Nicely done. :thumb
Thank you very much! I was quite pleased with this one. Patience pays off in the end. I believe I am the first person to ever explore this place which I am quite proud of!

D

Dragon_Urbex

I've mended one of theirs and it was that same brown colour so I think you're probably right.
Oh very cool! There's an 1876 Gillett and Bland clock at Bulstrode. Loved having a clamber around that one. Even wound it up!

1575994645243.jpg

1575994666020.jpg

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The locals would rather see this place fall down than have any sort of development happen there sadly.

That, coupled with the fact it shares a fence with the AWE next door means any realistic prospect for a residential development is pretty slim, as there are so many hoops for would-be developers to jump through.

D

Dragon_Urbex

The locals would rather see this place fall down than have any sort of development happen there sadly.

That, coupled with the fact it shares a fence with the AWE next door means any realistic prospect for a residential development is pretty slim, as there are so many hoops for would-be developers to jump through.
It is a bit of a shame yeah, but realistically thanks to AWE any development outside of the place becoming a house once more is pretty much zilch. The owners are doing nothing to actually stop water ingress apart from (literally) putting buckets under leaks!

HorribleJellyfish

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is such a great report! And the photos are really cool. I especially love the one with the glasshouse. It's mad to think that nothing is happening with the place but still it is quite heavily guarded. Well done!

Who has read this thread (Total: 427) View details