real time web analytics
Batteries... | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Batteries...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
What's people's choice here, loads of cheap ones or a few pricey ones?

I ask as most our work lot use cheaper batteries but carry plenty of them (or not as is usually the case). I've always stuck to the more pricey ones. But not entirely sure which is better.

Over to you...

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
If youre talking 18650 batteries then I always buy decent ones now as I've had too many issues with the cheapy ones.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Trying to change batteries in the pitch black makes you wish you had paid a couple of quid more instead of being a cheap fucker.

Cheap 18650 batteries won't have protection and could explode so I wouldn't try saving a few quid on those either

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
I'd never do a dark one without a spare torch or two anyway.

I'll admit I've never heard of 18650 batteries until now. All my stuff uses AAA anyway.

I may well invest in some decent rechargable batteries long term.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Duracell industrial are good, dirt cheap from ebay as well.

I often use the Kodak and other cheapo batteries, 10 for a pound. Yeah they don't last very long but they last a lot more than 1/10th of the time of a £1 battery.

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
One of the guys at work did mention Duracell industrial. £12 for 50 is insane. Definitely on that.

OT your thinking is the same. I picked up 100 AAA batteries for a fiver in our local pound shop (Kodak branded and on by one get one free). Compare that to newly a fiver for 4 Duracell or Energizers and you can blow through some serious battery power for very little money.

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Duracell industrial are good, dirt cheap from ebay as well.

I often use the Kodak and other cheapo batteries, 10 for a pound. Yeah they don't last very long but they last a lot more than 1/10th of the time of a £1 battery.

A lot of fake Duracell industrial batteries going around, i wouldn't recommend getting them from Ebay, a mate got stung recently with them.

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
I put Sanyo Eneloops in my lid light. Quite expensive, but I find them to be very good at holding charge during storage, and run for a bloody long time if used wisely.

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have any of you tried the ikea own brand, @ £1.50 for 10 they are a very good battery for the money. I always use them.

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
Good point, the Ikea ones are pretty darn good. I've got remotes and clocks with Ikea batteries in that are probably older than me :D

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
for the pound shop shoppers get alkaline ones (from the pound shop), you dont get as many for your £, but you get enough and Alkaline cope with higher currents better and the corrosive part is on the inside rather than the outside so they are less likely to leak.

And yeah for 18650 get protected and dont go cheapo.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details