real time web analytics
General - - Box freestone quarry | Mines and Quarries | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Box freestone quarry

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

boomtown1

Banned
Banned
Typical response of someone that's just been called out, make out they were trolling all along.

Rather sad really. Kinda feel sorry for you having nothing better to do than try and bait people online.
Sorry for being sad, I really hope you forgive me !

Killerkelly03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Therss better mines in the area to be spending the night in, Box is a bit wet.

I've gotta ask, if you were to pick one of the Corsham/Box mines to stay in overnight which would you go for? My money is on the Swan mine, easyish to navigate, unlikely to be disturbed, plenty of original features to keep you amused etc... I quite fancy an overnighter down there! I know the main Box mines are currently welded up at the entrances but tbh even if they weren't I'm not sure I could manage a whole night down there it's pretty creepy! I think it's all the graffiti and knowing that the tunnels go on for miles and miles.... :-/

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
unlikely to be disturbed

ROFL. Swan is super busy now that Box is off limits to most people, would be surprised if you got any sleep with the amount of traffic that place gets at the moment. Browns is the usual overnighter but that place has its own problems as well as a self appointed caretaker who may not take kindly to you sleeping there.

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
We camped in Browns last night, strung a hammock up near the well. Some people came by about half 11 as we were about to crash out but left us to it.. No problems - Best nights sleep I've had in ages!

Matt3579

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry to bring up and old thread but far as I'm aware the quarrymans arms no longer sells the maps to the mine I'm planning a little expedition there in the next month or so would anyone have a copy of one they could send me, or know of any entrances that's arnt barred off?

Thanks

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Sorry to bring up and old thread but far as I'm aware the quarrymans arms no longer sells the maps to the mine I'm planning a little expedition there in the next month or so would anyone have a copy of one they could send me, or know of any entrances that's arnt barred off?

Thanks
AS you joined literally earlier none of us have a clue who you are mate,maybe bung some threads up of what you have done and maybe help would be more forth coming

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User

Thanks

Good luck with that, Box is very sealed at the moment. They also actively monitor the entrances so if you do manage to get in which you won't there will be a police response wating for you when you exit. Should of done it a few years ago when things were more sensible.

Who has read this thread (Total: 214) View details