real time web analytics
Report - - Bridge cave September 2020 near ystradfellte | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bridge cave September 2020 near ystradfellte

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
History -The cave was first recorded by T.A.J. Braithwaite in Caves and Caving Volume 1 1938. In 1947 the South Wales Caving Club dug through the boulder choke 45m into the cave to discover 150 of main stream passage leading to sump 1. In January 1967 members of the University of Bristol Spelaeological Society dived sump 1 to discover little neath river cave .

Exploring time - Bridge Cave starts as a low crawl, but after a short distance having passed through a boulder choke opens out into an impressive section of streamway. This then reduces in size and reaching a sump.

equipment needed is full caving gear for this also set your call outs it has flood risks but easily achievable with correct equipment and team .

PLEASE NOTE THE SUMP YOU CANNOT FREE DIVE.

Hope you enjoy the photos hard work carrying a phone not breaking it crawling in water

Attachments

• 630A7AA2-3F22-449B-B2B2-86625B9579CE.jpeg
    630A7AA2-3F22-449B-B2B2-86625B9579CE.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 36

Down and beyond

Regular User
Very nice that, good to see a natural cave system.
Always impressive the size of the chambers in stuff like this!
Thanks mate ya this one easily could drive a car in it , quite difficult to light it though because the activity of the water makes photos hard , also your getting soaked in waterfalls the iPhone doesn’t like it !

Down and beyond

Regular User
Looks a nice little wander this mate, some good photo ops there.
Thanks mate it is a good one if you enjoy that sort of stuff you no how caving goes , can’t normally take a phone done 3 caves this day but this was the only 1 kind of do able with a phone :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Impressive stuff. With all the chokes and squeezes reminds me of the film Sanctum. Lovely set, like the rushing water shots.

Down and beyond

Regular User
Impressive stuff. With all the chokes and squeezes reminds me of the film Sanctum. Lovely set, like the rushing water shots.
Thankyou very much glad ya enjoyed it the iPhone captured the rushing water welI i. Was quite surprised ! Never tried to do it before , having people around shows the scale of the place much better , unlike a mine where you are trying to photo a crane for example people just get in the way in a cave is kind of helpful

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thankyou very much glad ya enjoyed it the iPhone captured the rushing water welI i. Was quite surprised ! Never tried to do it before , having people around shows the scale of the place much better , unlike a mine where you are trying to photo a crane for example people just get in the way in a cave is kind of helpful
Yeah I was going to mention the phone, Its hard to believe that moving objects came out so so well on your iphone. Saves the lug of a camera and different lens too.

Down and beyond

Regular User
Yeah I was going to mention the phone, Its hard to believe that moving objects came out so so well on your iphone. Saves the lug of a camera and different lens too.
Very true ! I only have ever spent over 10 seconds probably a hand full of times taking a photo ! Quite funny really but we all explore for different reasons me it’s because I love the buzz of it , and as I always say as long as the photo is acceptable it’s good enough ! Just shows what a phone and a torch can do in some of the hardest conditions.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Just shows what a phone and a torch can do in some of the hardest conditions.

Yea but your torch is more of a ww2 search light than a maglite lol (waiting until after Christmas to order mine).

Maybe stick your phone in a plastic bag for the other stuff?

Nice bit of history as well, nice one mate.

What's the story with the rock halfway through? Are the semi circles tool marks or weird ore bits?

Down and beyond

Regular User
Your getting about abit mate...
Took a Camera into a cave once, never again, total ballache, phones all the way.
Keeping active when I can mate I try make the most of when we are aloud out still :thumb .
Yes no way would I want a proper camera I can imagine your pain doing that !